X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIcense to use the Internet

OR

are you really sure you have a FRACKIN working brain?????

This week has brought to my pizza place a significant number of internet orders with very VITAL information missing.

Things such as room numbers at hotels as these are quite necessary to actually deliver your order especially IF the room is NOT in your name. also FUCK you to the drunk people who order very near close who do this. The upside FREE FOOD for the crew. (YEAH more wing orders for ME )

Things such as apartment numbers. again VERY necessary as I don NOT want to cop knock on doors at 1am.

Things such as A WORKING phone number. DO NOT give us the number for your 5 month old 4th phone back burn phone .
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Gee I would've thought orders without valid info would just get ignored. Or at least a callback, assuming they provided a valid phone number, in order to get the missing info.

But hey, free food for the crew.
    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
      Gee I would've thought orders without valid info would just get ignored.
      Hotels/motels order taker may have thought they were picking up in lobby, or room would be in their name. Apartments it may not be obvious from the address that it IS an apartment until the driver gets there, same with the phones - you don't know it's a bad phone until you try to call it. In any case, finding out these things is pretty much after the fact.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
        Gee I would've thought orders without valid info would just get ignored. Or at least a callback, assuming they provided a valid phone number, in order to get the missing info.

But hey, free food for the crew.
        Most of the times we as drivers can not see what information is one the ticket until the order is actually already made, boxed and bagged on the outbound rack.

At that point we have to take the order out of rotation if it has bad info. ALL of us know the addresses for the hotels and most of the major apartment complexes in our area so we can spot a ticket with missing info. Then we have to take the time to attempt to call the customer or the hotel desk for assistance.

At least in my area 99% of the hotels allow us to go directly to the room so unless the customer specifies the lobby as the ultimate destination......

Comment

The programmer in me says that it would be easy (so, so easy) to automatically verify working phone numbers. Just fire off a text or a phone call, if it bounces the number is invalid. Of course, some bigwig at corporate would look at all the orders being rejected and panic, but all you would need is for the server to confirm or demand more info. *sigh*

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
            orders with very VITAL information missing.
            Must be frozen brain month here; our drivers' whiteboard had this little haiku on it Friday morning and I thought of this thread:

Hello there, driver
            I'd like a delivery
            Don't know my address

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
              Must be frozen brain month here; our drivers' whiteboard had this little haiku on it Friday morning and I thought of this thread:

Hello there, driver
              I'd like a delivery
              Don't know my address

YOU WOULD be surprised at how many of those we do actually get over the internet ie. missing apt #s, room numbers, actual INCORRECT addresses.

We got another winner on Sat. night. Last delivery of the night. yes I REALLY hate puttering around in a snow storm trying to figure out how you actually have managed to keep breathing for 20 something years.

Got an order with a clearly out of area address (only a block but the system is "supposed" to know this.) Because of circumstances (a whole nother rant) the order was late. I know where the address is supposed to be BUT it is smack in the middle of a car dealership. The address given over the internet was 1562 Tree St..

I call the customer to verify the address. They try to tell me the above address
              is indeed correct. There is some discussion in the background. OK< NOW the address is 1652 Tree St.

Be still my lovely Clue By 4 .

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                clearly out of area address (only a block

The address given over the internet was 1562 Tree St..

NOW the address is 1652 Tree St.
                Did that address change move it relative to the area boundary?

Comment

Quoth Argus View Post
                  Did that address change move it relative to the area boundary?
                  the boundary is 1550. still technically out of our area by 2 blocks now.

The thing is is the internet/POS system should NOT have assigned this delivery to my store in the first place.

Comment

so if no one picks up an order at the end of the evening, the crew gets free food? terrific.

Comment

Quoth vloglady View Post
                      so if no one picks up an order at the end of the evening, the crew gets free food? terrific.
                      Yeah, unless it gets abused. Gotta have on the ball managers for this to work, or some pinhead starts having his 'bros' call in and then the whole deal gets scrapped.

Comment

Working...
                      X