Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is not appropriate at any time to type lines from any of the evil Nathan's songs from Repo!

You will creep out your fellow Death Knights.

I'll stain the streets
    They'll run with blood--

>.>

(Not me. Al actually...lol)
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
      Kim's ArcheAge Tip of the Week: Yes, I know that Tarian the Grim is really cool-looking. If you decide to take screenies of him whilst he's sleeping, though, do not get too close. He will wake up and you will die. Trying to run is useless.
      speaking from experience I gather.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
        speaking from experience I gather.
        XD Yes. More pictures and the full account of events can be found here: http://firecat88.tumblr.com/post/117...s-a-dragon-who

I dunno if it was the actual dumbest thing I've ever done in this game (I've done some pretty stupid shit over the weeks since I started playing ), but it's definitely up there. As for why trying to run is useless- Tarian, I found out, has the Lasso skill. What this does is allows one to magically grab a target and pull it towards them. Thus, despite my valiant efforts at a strategic retreat, I kept getting yanked back.

Also? If anyone has been considering ArcheAge, now is a good time to start. Or to get back into it, if you haven't played in a while. They've recently updated, added some more story and new quests, and implemented an achievement system. You get prizes for reaching certain levels, performing certain tasks, and stuff like that.
        Last edited by firecat88; 04-29-2015, 04:12 AM.
        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
          It is not appropriate at any time to type lines from any of the evil Nathan's songs from Repo!

You will creep out your fellow Death Knights.

I'll stain the streets
          They'll run with blood--

>.>

(Not me. Al actually...lol)
          Evil Nathan quotes might also work for my SWTOR Sith Inquisitor... Mwahahahaha!

Comment

From Eden Eternal:

To the classes that get a summoned pet (Hunter, Necromancer, and Warlock), Your pet is not a substitute tank, It is mostly there to give you a damage bonus. Don't join a party and claim your pet will tank for the group. It doesn't hold aggro well, at all.
            Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Another FFXIV player here, with a side of Guild Wars 2, former City of Heroes player as well.

Don't stand in shit! No really, don't stand in it! You will die. Horribly.

I've got a level 50 monk, and I'm working through the story, getting caught up before Heavensward comes out. I'm also getting geared up. Just yesterday I started running Crystal Tower and Syrcus Tower after getting them unlocked, oh why didn't I do this sooner?
              Yesterday I went into Crystal Tower for the first time, and my friend who plays more than I do told me "Whatever you do, don't tell them you're new, they will kick you immediately!"

Wow, really? Has the community gotten THAT bad, that unforgiving of new people? Yes I watched a couple of youtube videos ahead of time, but being new I'm not going to be perfect.
              He also assured me that I might get kicked if I died, because people have no patience.

Well, I've survived several ST runs since then, and to be honest, I don't find it much more of a challenge than some dungeons I've run. Seriously. Once you get the hang of the mechanics, it's not bad at all.

After I finish the storyline and get my monk geared up, I have to decide which job to level next. Ninja or Dragoon? Or do something totally different and go summoner/scholar?

Comment

Woooh, I got some stories, gather round and let me tell you the tails of someone who for some reason enjoys playing healer/support classes (masochist maybe?)...

Why yes I am a druid but..... (Or How to die in WoW)
                yes, I have the class exclusive Innervate (restore mana)spell, but I need it to heal, stop blowing your mystical, arcane load and demanding I cast it on you whilst pulling ANOTHER effing mob
                Hey, rogue, yeah you, I heal over time, that means I can't restore all your HP in one shot when you decide that aggro is a competition, I will NOT battle-rez you
                When I use the healing powers of dolphin noises and glitter you need to stay in the aoe, that is my panic button, do not leave the safety of the dolphin glitter
                Paladin, stop it. We've told you four times, this is my last reagent (when they were used) I cast Mark of the Wild, you STOP CASTING BLESSING OF KINGS... they overwrite eachother... we cannot have both STOP IT
                Yes I am a druid, yes I have high mana regen... that does not mean you can run from mob to mob eternally, I will be unable to heal you and you will die, and I will laugh.
                Speaking of, if you intend to grab ALL the mobs, warn me, because I have to cast a HoT on you to make life easier when you start a pull... but the next three mobs you run into will only see 'that guy's heal just ticked, KILL HIM' and then I will inevitably have to throw glitter on dolphins again with a ten minute cooldown

You know, necromancers use ground targeting, right? (Or, how to die in Guild Wars 2
                To be honest most of the people were good in that game, I blew right into endgame and got bored, but seriously... staaaahp, I need to get you in the targeting!

You will not leave a beautiful corpse when they are done with you, stop trying to live fast. (or, how to die in FFXIV:ARR)
                This is my first run, you know that because of the little icon when I watch the FMV in a major story dungeon, stop running ahead. Also, stop yelling at me for enjoying the game my way, waiting 30 seconds will not kill you, but me being locked out of the boss instance will.
                Hey, this is my first run, maaaaaybe don't sprint off while I watch the FMV, then I don't know where to go, and then you die
                Remember how I warned you those wasps have a doom debuff they use when you don't kill them asap, and then when it triggers you instantly lose like 80-90% of your HP? Yeaaaah... not my fault when that happens, I do not appriciate getting kicked for it...
                Hey, yanno the healer said that when Ifrit's Nail appeared to DPS it so we don't all die? Notice how your healer has stopped healing you and is aggressively spamming Stone II and Aero on said nail? Maybe don't be shocked we all die in a fiery explosion shortly after...
                Also, how did you get to this bossfight, 3 story dungeons in and not know 'red thingy bad, no stand red thingy'. To quote myself after the 3rd failed bossrun in the beta (which had clear instructions upon entering the arena on how to survive the fight) "LFG Ifrit, preferably one that understands 'fire bad' "
                Hey, warrior, lovely friendly warrior, there's no need to run over to me for companionship whilst holding aggro on the cone aoe boss... really... my healing spells are ranged, look *Cure I* ... *Cure II* OH GOD *medica medica medica medica* ..... *total party wipe*
                Hey guys, fun story, when I told you that Garuda mobs break the pillars, our only way to survive the massive AOE she casts... that doesn't mean 'one dps focus boss, one focus mobs' it means 'holy **** guys please focus the damn mobs when they appear* kay? <3
                Oh hey, another funny story, Titan's Gaol, that thing that randomly targets players and we broke the DPS out of earlier, well it's on me now, haha... guys... uh... guys? Guys we only have a few seconds before he kills the tank...GUYS HE'S CASTING THE SPELL THAT DOES TRIPLE DAMAGE IF THE GAOL IS STILL UP, GUYS!?... oh hey, haha... wow, we died, who could have predicted that?

Comment

From my long-ago FlyFF days:

Yes, I do have a certain number of a particular quest item. No, I am not going to give you the ones I have. I need them just as much as you do, I'm still only halfway to the amount I need, and I actually put in the 15+ minutes it took to get them. No, repeated begging will not make me more inclined to share. Neither will calling me a bitch. In fact, that'll just make me want to point and laugh when you aggro every monster in the immediate vicinity.
                  "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth Amanita View Post

Wow, really? Has the community gotten THAT bad, that unforgiving of new people? Yes I watched a couple of youtube videos ahead of time, but being new I'm not going to be perfect.
                    He also assured me that I might get kicked if I died, because people have no patience.
                    Not sure what groups your friend has been playing with... I'd much rather you tell me you're new so we can slow down and explain stuff so we don't all die.

In my experience, this is not generally true unless you're joining a preformed group, but then most preformed groups will say whether it's a party for learning/farms/dungeon clearing. Most people in the duty finder would rather have new folks on runs for the bonus tomes. You might get kicked if you are severely screwing up and getting people killed, but in general I've seen people quit runs before trying to get someone kicked from a raid.

Heck, I always tell people I'm new on a run if I am. Especially since I generally play Paladin. Most groups will take the time to explain things. There are a few bad apples out there.

This leads me to a few to post from FFXIV.

Be specific with your advice. If people are dying to a specific attack spamming a macro that simply says "Pay attention to mechanics" or something similar without then saying "Hey watch out when the boss/mob does x you should do y" isn't really helping anyone.

And the corollary: When someone points out the above getting angry about it is really mature. Bonus points if you quit the raid/group in a fit of rage.

Comment

Probably the most common offender I can think of off the top of my head (comes from WoW but is applicable to any MMO really.

If you pull aggro on a mob accidentally (it does happen, I had a mage double crit a target and it beelined toward said mage) do us all a favour and run TOWARD the tank, not away! The tank can pull it off you easier and the rest of the group doesn't have to split their attention to save your panicky hide.
                      I AM the evil bastard!
                      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

EVE ONLINE:

Always read the contract before accepting.

If you jet-can-mine (not that many do after they added mining frigate) the cans will get stolen, accept it. Fun fact, if you lock a tractor beam on your can and someone tries to steal from it, Concord blows you up (I laughed for 3 hours after seeing that).

You will get ganked, accept it. Hi-sec, Low-sec, Null-sec, does not matter, you will get popped.

Trust is the most valuable currency in the game. Do not waste it.

I miss EVE, I wish I could get back in.
                        I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Working...
                        X