Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of our local wireless carriers occasionally goes on an aggressive sales campaign. Last time around they were flogging Blackberry's. So, I put the TM on hold for as long as possible and then came back with "my boss wants to know how many blackberries he needs to buy to make a pie" (poor gal, she obviously wasn't listening when I said "thank you for calling "blah-blah" bakery). probably ruined her talk time too

Comment

When telemarketers call in, I try to ask them questions..

Questions that start off relevant at first... and slowly deviate away from their intent.

Keep em talking and wasting their time until they finally get the clue and end up hanging up.
      Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Usually, I just hang up the phone when it's a telemarketer. No one calls my home phone anymore unless it's my mom (who calls my cell half the time anyway), someone wanting to give me a job interview (who call my cell half the time) and telemarketers. I never give out my cell as my primary contact number. I don't even put it on my business cards. So I know it's usually a telemarketer.

For junk mail, if they send me a BRE (business reply envelope), I just stuff all the junk in the BRE, write "take off list" beside my address and mail it back to them, forcing them to essentially pay for sending it to me twice. It's cut down my junk mail significantly.
        A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Working...
        X