Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't you just pay debit in the first place?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't write checks often, and I never make large purchases unexpectedly, so my bank has a fraud protection on my account. I am not allowed to make ANY transactions over $300.00 without FIRST calling the bank to notify them, and to have them remove the protection for 24 hours. The same goes for checks to a certain extent. My bank will not clear a check over $300.00 without calling me for verification first. I've never had any fradulent activity yet, but I figure a little proactiveness on my part can't be a bad thing. Even if someone did get a hold of my bank card, I will know within 24 hours, and while $300.00 missing may hurt for a while, it won't put me out on the street starving.
    The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

My account is similar, $300 limit on debit and over $300 check I get a phone call and my signature is checked. In fact, I had to fill out a new signature card because my signature has changed enough in 20yrs that I needed a new one.
      We get declined cards often around xmas because someone has bought online and ordered tickets within a 24hr period - an extra protection from the credit card companies - extra suck for me.

Comment

Working...
      X