This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An old sighting. Drinks included.

Reading a couple of pages back in the forums, ralerin's post-> http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...d.php?t=112888

Reminded me of a story at my local shopping center a few years back.
    I was visiting my old town and we decided (family) to shop at our old store, (much cheaper than Wally Mart for some reason on lots of items) and it was about 8PM.

BG.
    Now, my old town, I can sum it up like this: Every night police sirens. Drunks rolling around fighting near a burning leaf pile, crackies(possibly), theft, **"I am satan!"/decaptation/"I ain't your Dad! (6 year old face punch!)** Stars are from newspaper.

This is a small town, not a city and everyday in the news it was not surprising to read stuff like this.
    -End BG.

So, we pull in, head into store, everything is good. Normal shopping experience, noticed there were a few new cashiers (we used to know everyone who worked there, even the owner good pals.) We step up to the counter and she looks a little shocked, we looked out the door to see a cop car pulling away. She tells us a drunk just wandered in and Owner kicked him out and called the cops. He was a regular drunk nobody liked. Anyway, I glance at my Dad and grin, he just shook his head and in almost unison, we reply, "Typical Friday, Saturday, Sunday night.". We then asked if she was new and informed her of some of the stuff we've seen/heard/experienced while living there. All she could say was "Wow." They had moved there two months ago from some far off exotic land, like Florida or something. Kind of a quick awaking but we were just telling her stuff she'd find out soon enough.

Here is the real story though, my Sister waited in the car for us. Her story: "This dude staggered over to the newspaper machines and drank from that old can someone left there, then walked into the store after almost falling over. He came back out and started cussing about something, and he pulled out a brown paper sack from his coat pocket and started drinking it." The next part may not be expected, My Sister figured she'd call the cops cause the guy was barely standing up right. She was on the phone with her Mom while all this was happening so she started to say goodbye when the drunk wandered over and started screaming at her, "What the #$%# are you calling them for!!? It's none of your god-@#$# business!". She hangs up and dials the cops but dispatch said they've already been called but to stay on the phone with him/her. Cops show up, drunk makes a run for it, he throws his beer-sack at one of the officers which shatters all over the ground and then as he "tries" to run, he trips and falls to the ground. he's arrested, cops drive away. The End.

He was almost a customer before Owner kicked him out of the store by telling him he's calling the police.

Just a regular night. Heck sometimes it didn't even have to be Fri/Sat/Sun. It was probably a Tuesday.

Quoth Eddyisme View Post
    Just a regular night. Heck sometimes it didn't even have to be Fri/Sat/Sun. It was probably a Tuesday.
    ...But, for me...It was Tuesday.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Ah, the old, quoting something you didn't you you were quoting ey? Clever.

Comment

Whoo someone referenced a post of mine!
        Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Don't worry -- due to the fact that we have such a wide variety of member ages, professions, and tastes floating around on this board, anything that looks like a reference will likely be joyfully regarded as one, even if it's unintentional. The more obscure, the better ^_^

(edit: speaking of which, I just noticed that your most recent post was #42 for you...)
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
          X