Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WE need to give it free because of YOUR stupidity???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE need to give it free because of YOUR stupidity???

Oh yeah. I had a lady telling she'd forgotten her PIN code on her mobile. No problem... until I learned she had a prepaid subscription (pay first, talk then, no bills, no registration, no personal info given anywhere, no credit check etc). For those we don't have the PUK codes, they are only on the SIM holder which she told me she'd lost. She had managed to type wrong a) the PIN three times, b) the PUK 10 times so the card was pretty much useless. It's some kind of a security issue here, if your phone gets stolen the thief isn't able to use it if he doesn't know the codes for it. She then says something like "You should give me a new card for free since you can not change the SIM and keep the number, it's your fault!" I actually went wordless after that. After I regained my tongue, I asked her, "Do you really think we should give you the new number for free since it's YOU who has screwed your SIM card?" She told me she wasn't supposed to know this PUK 10 times wrong -> rejected SIM card thing and that's why we should give her the new number free. OMG what an idiot. She then proceeds to tell us it's possible to change SIM cards everywhere else for a prepaid and that we should do it for her. I tell her our system is not capable of doing it as the prepaid subscriptions are in a different system somewhere and we don't have access to it. Luckily my boss came around and he told her too it's not possible and that we will not give her a free number and we will not transfer the unused credit to the new one since it's been her own stupidity and not a technical issue. She finally left, stating that she would change operator and --- yes, that's it --- never come back!
    A man can be stupid and not know it, but not if he is married.

See ya next week!!!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Uh...What?

It must be SC logic.
      If they are a pain in the ass = they will get what they want.
      If they get what want = they will come back to be a pain in the ass again.
      But if they don't get what they want = you never have to see them again.
      OK!
      Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
      The following is subject to change:
      If Your Going Through Hell,
      Keep Going...

Comment

Yeah, I've never really understood why people keep bugging us and wanting things free because they've screwed it. And why they need to be so pissed when we tell it's not gonna happen... It's your frigging own stupidity that's caused the issue, e.g. if you don't pay your internet connection bill, your connection will be closed. And the billing won't stop until you cancel the connection. Not paying your bill is not our fault, right? Why should we let you use your connection if you don't pay for it? :O I really don't understand SC logic.

Comment

Quoth pacman View Post
          I really don't understand SC logic.
          For that, be thankful. After all, do you really want to know what goes through their warped little minds?

(OT: my grandfather's parents came over from Finland)

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Hmm, not really. Actually I've got my head hurting when I even TRY to get the faintest idea of why they're acting like they are.

Hm, we had our shop closed today until abt 2.30pm because inventory check. There were people behind the locked doors trying to pull them open, though they had a note saying "We are closed today because inventory. Our customer care can help you at phone xxxx-xxxxx. We are sorry for the inconvenience." And STILL my colleague had to open the door, put his head through the gap and say to people standing in line outside that we were closed and would open about 3.00pm.

Oh, I forgot: they cannot read.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
              For that, be thankful. After all, do you really want to know what goes through their warped little minds?

(OT: my grandfather's parents came over from Finland)

^-.-^

To quote a famous war expert (whos mane I cannot spell correctly )
              "To know thy enemy, is to know thy self."

Besides then you can turn their "logic" against them.
              I for one salute this parkade ninja of yours. ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
              X