Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead Season Finale (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Walking Dead Season Finale (SPOILERS)

Am I the only one who cried at the fate of Milton and Andrea?

The only one who can't believe the Governor got away?

The only one who watched, slack-jawed, as the bus containing the rest of Woodbury entered the prison yard?

I can't believe they brought all of those people back to the prison.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Yeah - of course, "all of those people" is not a huge amount. Some were killed in various raids, and then, as we know, the Governor just took out most of his fighters. That left not very many back at Woodbury. I wonder if, now, they'll all work to rebuild the prison.

I must say, I was impressed by the way Rick's group handled the invasion.

Comment

I hated Milton all the way through Season 3. I thought he was a whiny little wimp. Then I suddenly grew to like him about a minute before he died!

I can't help but feel they have made a major mistake killing Andrea off. I wanted to see her rejoin Rick's group and completely redeem herself and return to her sharp shooting ways. Besides Michonne there are now no strong female characters on the show, although I think Sasha has a lot of potential.

Glad the Governor is still at large though! Looking forward to another showdown! And I don't think Rick will be so lucky next time.

Comment

I was sad Andrea died. Milton not as much, but I was hoping he would live and continue documenting what has been going on.

I wasn't expecting Team Prison to bring back people to stay with them. Now I'm curious as to what kind of community they will have now with all these new people.

Comment

Yeah, I would have liked to see their reactions when Karen told them what the Governor had done - and when Rick offered them shelter at the prison. That would have been something to view.

I liked Milton a lot; he wanted to view the Governor as human even more than Andrea did, and he wanted, I think, to find a way to "cure" the walkers, or at least try to make some sense out of what had happened. I wanted him to go to the prison and experience that community. It would have been fun to see him hanging out with Daryl, feeding Judith, that sort of thing.

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
              Am I the only one who cried at the fate of Milton and Andrea?

The only one who can't believe the Governor got away?

The only one who watched, slack-jawed, as the bus containing the rest of Woodbury entered the prison yard?
              Milton's efforts to understand the walkers are understandable, though futile given what we know the characters learned at the CDC. The walkers aren't human anymore.

It boils down to two choices among the suriviors.

Adopt a survival of the fittest model of living. This is what the Governor has done.

Adopt a create a new society that balances the need to survive with the need to remain human and civilized.

That's really what the walkers represent: the loss of humanity in the most fundamental way. The survivors must choose whether they will be devoured, or retain their humanity. That's what the Bible verse (John 5:29) represents: the choices taken by Rick and The Governor.

Rick chose life and living. He took the weakest members left in Woodbury and brought them to the prison to start over. Woodbury is dead, the Governor only has his thugs to back him up now. He's lost a major part of his power, and he will be back with a vengeance on Rick next season.

And Rick will be telling him to bring it . . . even as he struggles with the same mentality that is developing in Carl. Rick has to find a way to reach Carl, or Carl will become just like the Governor.
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I never liked Andrea. She seemed like a total wuss, then she became some uppity bitch, then she became a total wuss/dumbass. How anyone can be so mindlessly ignorant is beyond me.

Milton...well, I didn't particularly like him either, but he has some promise in studying the zombies. But he was in over his head.

I already knew the Governor was going to survive. Someone ruined that for me. I'm personally sick of the Governor arc and wish it was over. Too damn boring.

I think Maggie and Glenn need to learn how to shoot. All those freaking targets and couldn't hit anyone. Pathetic.

Carl did the right thing in shooting that guy. There was not one reason in the world to trust him. Shoot him before he stabs you in the back. But it does appear he's going off the deep end.

I sure hope Rick has a plan for keeping everyone alive. Unless I missed something, their food supply isn't infinite and they don't have supplies for farming. Also, the prison has become a lot less defensible.
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I hope next season Rick finds his ballsack and gives Carl a "come to Jesus" meeting. Anyone who lets their kid talk to them like that and push them around is a wuss.

Yes, I'm still bitter about what happened to Dale. Kiss my ass.

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
                    I never liked Andrea. She seemed like a total wuss, then she became some uppity bitch, then she became a total wuss/dumbass. How anyone can be so mindlessly ignorant is beyond me.
                    a former civil rights lawyer, who had to kill her turned sister on her sister's birthday, watched Lori parade around like royalty because she aligned herself with whatever male was in charge, and was looked down upon and criticized for not reverting into "traditional gender roles" and looking to the menfolk to protect her after the breakdown of society. Also abandoned by her group at the end of the last season. I can see how she'd be a tad unstable.

I quit watching after that, haven't watched any of the new(now over) season, and don't intend to.
                    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I was very upset to see her go.

So many people on message boards and FB called her a slut or a wuss.....quite frankly, she had some brass balls. Lori was the whiniest, most useless person of the whole cast, hands down.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                        I was very upset to see her go.

So many people on message boards and FB called her a slut or a wuss.....quite frankly, she had some brass balls. Lori was the whiniest, most useless person of the whole cast, hands down.
                        Lori was awful. Glad when she was gone. But Andrea never had balls. She was a follower and latched onto whoever made her feel special.
                        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
                          Lori was awful. Glad when she was gone. But Andrea never had balls. She was a follower and latched onto whoever made her feel special.
                          That's Carol. I've never seen a more co-dependant personality. She seems to be maturing lately, though, realizing she has to rely on herself.

Andrea was a feminist who never adjusted to the change in societal conditions. She couldn't make the tough choices. If she could have, the Governor would be dead, and a lot of other people alive.
                          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                            That's Carol. I've never seen a more co-dependant personality. She seems to be maturing lately, though, realizing she has to rely on herself.

Andrea was a feminist who never adjusted to the change in societal conditions. She couldn't make the tough choices. If she could have, the Governor would be dead, and a lot of other people alive.
                            Carol was abused both physically and mentally. What was Andrea's excuse? She latched onto Shane, then she latched onto the Governor even though she knew both guys were scumbags.

Comment

I like Carol quite a bit. Her steely side was shown when she took that pickaxe to her newly-deceased husband to keep him from rising. Then there was the time she had Glenn take down a female walker so that she could practice doing a c-section. I mean, really, YUCK.

Andrea had a good sendoff, and I was glad to hear her reasons for doing what she did - she didn't want anyone else to die. She certainly underestimated the Governor, and overestimated herself, of course. She did have that bad habit of hooking up with men who were unstable, which makes me wonder about her life before all hell broke loose; she probably did the same thing then, too.

Ah, Milton. I really wish he'd survived. I wondered, at one point, if he'd be the one to take the Governor down - he seemed to be heading in that direction. It would have been a very startling turn of events, if he had.

Comment

Working...
                              X