Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Finally a supervisor who backs up the staff and a SC
Old 08-22-2019, 07:48 AM
Till/horse trainer/instructor

Default Finally a supervisor who backs up the staff and a SC

So apparently one of our other stores is doing a promo (probably because of construction as itís the same promo we had recently) where you can get $5.00 of purchase if you spend $50.00+.

It says RIGHT ON THE TICKET that it only apply to a specific branch in big bold type. Itís pretty hard to miss since it takes up half the ticket.

I got a call from one of my staff because they thought the promo was done and wtf? So I did the usual checks. Is the date valid? Yes. Is it for a specific (read: not for our) store? Yep. Thereís the problem, itís for X store, we are Y store and hereís where it says it in definitely not fine print.

SC: No I should scan it anyway because maybe it will work.

Me: Iím sorry but it wonít work because itís not our promo and this not in the system. It may even freeze the till for the day as itís a really old system. (Very busy day, every till open and we still had lineups. No way was I risking that for something I KNEW wouldnít work at all)

SC: well Iím here right now. Just take it off manually.

Me: we canít do that as the function doesnít exist on our tills (yes they are that old). (Technically I could have processed the order and then done a misc. sale return but that takes a while (hence we only do returns at the CS desk) and especially since the till has a bit of a freak out over misc sales and it would have gone against my review as our misc sales are counted against us and can result in action taken if we donít have a good reason for them being so high).

SC: Well weíll just go to the service desk then. Theyíll fix it and weíll make sure you get the punishment you deserve for refusing to help customers (said in the kind of snotty voice you would expect to hear in a tv drama played for effect. Didnít realize there were people who actually used that tone)

Thankfully the SD supervisor backed me up and told them no life doesnít work that way. I want does not I get. They tried to pull the we wonít ever shop here again routine. And just got a have a nice day then.

For once the SD didnít just cave to the ranting SC and decide to through money at them to make it go away. Honestly the kind of people who harass my employees arenít the kind of people I am sad to see shop elsewhere. Now if one of our pleasant regulars said they would shop elsewhere Iíd be bending over backwards to figure out why theyíd leave and how can I fix it.

Has anyone else realized that the abbreviations for Customer Service (CS) and Sucky Customer (SC) are reversed?

Giving a fu(k doesnít really go with my outfit.

As the sh!t deepens I smile and buy higher heels.
Your a$s must be jealous of the sh!t that comes out of your mouth.

Don't worry
Old 08-22-2019, 02:46 PM
Area Manager

Default Don't worry

Bet you see them next week anyway.

Old 08-23-2019, 12:54 AM
Till/horse trainer/instructor

Quote:
Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
Bet you see them next week anyway.
Oh most likely, specially since we have this new super promo on that nobody from HO bothered to tell us about until we started at work that day.

Giving a fu(k doesnít really go with my outfit.

As the sh!t deepens I smile and buy higher heels.
Your a$s must be jealous of the sh!t that comes out of your mouth.

Old 08-26-2019, 10:56 AM
Philosophical Tomato

We have a huge monthlong sale starting in...4 days, and nobody's told us grunts anything. Nothing about products, shipment schedules, etc (previous years the managers got us all this info in early August). This should be FUN.