This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
    Do you live in a 'right to work' state? That is one of the only things I don't like about Florida. An employer can terminate you and they are not required to state the reason or give just cause.
    "Right to work" means that you can work in a union shop without joining the union.

"At will" means you can be fired or you can quit without notice.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Bliss View Post
      I pay $50 a month for 784Kbps down and 256Kbps up ADSL.

*weeps*

I hate you all!
      Thanks to the trees, all I can get is dial-up. Satellite's too expensive, and wireless is expensive and the trees block the signal.

Wish ATT would get DSL out here - they've got the town lit up, and some side streets. I hope it's only a little longer...

Comment

Quoth XXDarrienX View Post
        I find it funny that we are told we have to come in regardless of a hurricane or get fired. According to the policy we are considered essential employees.
        That is assinine. Absolutely, 100% assinine.

In the 8 years or so I have lived in Key West, no matter where I worked or what fucktard was in charge, whenever a hurricane threatened, the message was the same:

"If you stay and can work, great. If you feel you have to evacuate, you will not lose your job. We are not going to make you stay here if you feel it is an unsafe place to be."

Virtually word for word in every different job. Even when I worked for Cocksucker and Shit Weasel. Even then.

And trust me when I say that "booze monger" is considered "essential employees" by a good portion of the Key West populace! ESPECIALLY during a hurricane!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
        X