This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inky Screamer (long)

While working at Office Depot last year I faced some absolute gems but one woman will always be one the top of my list. She came in, wearing the usual Santa Fe modern hippy-wanna be style. She wore a mala (prayer beads) around her neck, about a dozen rings and clothing that would look for at home on a camel. The look just shrieked 'world peace'. Here in Santa Fe, New Mexico it's a very common look amongst the more ultra liberal hippy-leftovers. Usually, however, they're a little too stoned for anyone to worry about. Not this one.

Me: Yes ma'am? May I help you?

SC: I have a defective ink cartridge that I'd like to return.

Me: Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear that ma'am. What was the problem?

SC: My printer refused to recognize it.

Me: What kind of cartridge is it, ma'am?

SC: Oh I don't know, something generic.

Me: Okay then, I'll take a look at it and see if I can get a match. We'll get you all taken care of ma'am.

She handed me the cartridge and hurried past me to get a look at the ink assortment herself. Upon taking the cartridge I realized it was empty and that the head was worn, indicating use. She returned quickly with a boxed version of the same cartridge.

SC: This is it; this is the one I need.

Me: Ma'am, do you have the box your cartridge came in? Or the receipt?

I was hoping to get a receipt at the very least so I could see how long she'd had it but I didn't expect it.

SC: No. Why would I? I just want a new cartridge.

Me: Ma'am, this cartridge is empty. I can't return it.

SC: What do you mean you can't return it? It didn't work!

Me: I cannot take an empty cartridge in exchange ma'am. All I can do is give you three dollars off this new one.

SC: This is an outrage! You're trying to rip me off!

Me: Let me call my manager, ma'am. I'll see if he will authorize it.

SC: You do that.

She stomped her foot and I called over ASM number one. He lifted it and agreed with me that it was empty. Again, she argued that it wasn't used. Not only did we both point to the worn and dirty head but we took the new one from the package as well as a known empty from the recycle bin and weighed them. She still argued and we called over ASM number two. After he agreed with me and the first ASM, he politely explained the three dollar discount for bringing in an empty cartridge. Then it started. She actually screamed, an honest to god scream. She reached over the counter looking for all the world like she was going to hit me. I stepped back and she turned around, threw the cartidge on the ground, stomped on it with her birkenstock-clad feet and let out a string of profanity that would make a pirate blush. As this was happening, one of my fellows ran into the mall we're attached it to look for a security guard. She jumped up and down, continued to curse, grabbed another customer by the arm and explained that I was a b*tch and that no one should spend money at this store. With another loud scream, she stormed out the doors. Security got there moments later.

ASM1: Um. What was that?

ASM2: City different, my butt.

Me: Maybe she just wasn't feel very.. zen today. Oh hell, I need a drink.

We never saw the woman again but after we got images via the security camera, we passed them along to the other office supply stores in town to warn them of a possible scam artist.

Quoth Hiero View Post
    the other office supply stores in town to warn them of a possible scam artist.
    Now, with a crunched ink cartridge, she's not gonna get very far in that attempt.
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

So how old was this lady, 3? She seriously screamed? Wow. That's a new one.
      Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
      Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
      The Office

Comment

GOD the ink and toner scammers piss me off. What pisses me off even more is that they get away with this BS. And at my comp[any, if we call their bluff, they complain to corporate, and corporate calls us screaming and tells us that this is poor customer service and we need to replace the cartridges for them. I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT!!!!!!!

My blood pressure went up about 20 points just typing that

By the way, to
        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Shabo View Post
          So how old was this lady, 3? She seriously screamed? Wow. That's a new one.
          I agree. I'm surprised she didn't throw herself on the ground and start flailing and kicking her legs.
          This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth Hiero View Post
            Me: Maybe she just wasn't feel very.. zen today. Oh hell, I need a drink.
            She sounds, actually, like a wannabe Hippie Poser like a guy that I let crash for a at my place after he got kicked out of his last apartment. I now can't kick out because without him I can't make rent thanks to hour cutbacks, but I see exactly why he got booted.

He dresses like a Hippie but he's an tight-assed arrogant prick who uses 'Hippie' as an excuse for never having had a regular job (he donates plasma and does JUST enough temp work through a day-work labor agency to make his cut), not bathing, wearing ratty-ass clothes, dousing himself in enough pachouli to make me literally nauseous, and passing off his whiny bitching as 'fighting The Man' even though all he does is harass the front-line workers.

The fucktard even told me he DELIBERATELY provoked and agitated people who didn't immediately give him what he wanted, just because it amused him. Yeah, I stabbed the chef's knife in my hand half-way through the chopping block when I heard that, then tore into him.
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I guess she missed the "don't eat the brown acid" announcement.

Comment

She actually screamed, an honest to god scream. She reached over the counter looking for all the world like she was going to hit me. I stepped back and she turned around, threw the cartidge on the ground, stomped on it with her birkenstock-clad feet and let out a string of profanity that would make a pirate blush. As this was happening, one of my fellows ran into the mall we're attached it to look for a security guard. She jumped up and down, continued to curse, grabbed another customer by the arm and explained that I was a b*tch and that no one should spend money at this store. With another loud scream, she stormed out the doors. Security got there moments later.
                There's some peace, love and understanding for you.

Whatta twit.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                X