Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All I want to do is change the address!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I want to do is change the address!!!!

We had a customer come in last night, who, in spite of being in his 60’s or 70’s, acted liked a 5 year old! He came in, hoping that we could help with a customer service issue. We can call customer service directly from the store, and his issue was, he has power of attorney for his elderly mother, and wanted to change the address of her store charge to his. However, he is not an authorized user on the account, so they were requiring him to send them a copy of the POA document, before they would do that. SO the manager gets CS on the phone, and explains the situation (in the meantime, he’s gone out to his car to get the “LEGAL DOCUMENT” that gives him POA). I can hear the manager, and I guess she told the manager, he needed to send in a copy of the POA in order to make ANY changes to the account.

Pretty simple, right? I know that most banks, cc companies, or anyone else requires this as well. Otherwise, ANYONE could mess with your accounts, etc. So the CS rep tells him this, and he pitches the biggest hissy fit I’ve ever seen from an adult! Saying how she is rude and unprofessional, and that all he wants to do is change the address, and how if she doesn’t do it, he’s going to call the state atty general, blah, blah, blah.

He then DEMANDS her supervisor, and then I guess got the same answer the rep gave, and then demanded the supervisor’s supervisor. The final outcome was he would send in the POA, and then they would take care of it…it also seemed like he felt entitled, and wanted to speak to someone at the top right off the bat, rather than a “lowly” (in his eyes) CS rep. I also want to add he was loud and obnoxious to boot! I meant he agreed to do what was asked of him, finally, once someone higher up told him….what an ass!

So once that was taken care of, he continued to whine and moan about the care his mother was getting, etc. etc. etc. – I was trying to ignore him, but I finally went in the back, and called the store on my cell, as a diversion….to get him out! Told the manger, and she thanked me.

That always cracks me up, people who don't want to speak to the "common folk". 9 times out of 10 when someone comes across my line demanding a manager right off the bat, I end up being able to solve the problem. It's not like I have any reason not to escalate calls, but the supervisor voicemail box is usually chock full of messages from reps who could have handled things on their own which means it takes longer to resolve legit supervisor-needed situations.

Pretty much the only time I need to escalate is when either the caller just refuses to give me any info about the problem or the solution is something above my pay grade and I need supervisor to do it.

There's also the "you didn't give me what I want so I want your manager so I can ask him for it" types. I just tell them that I can certainly get them a supervisor but they will just tell you the same thing I did (usually that is what ends up happening). Surprisingly enough, that tends to discourage a lot of whiners.
    "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Exactly! Although all we did was call customer service FOR him, and then put him on the phone, so i don't know exactly what transpired, but i think that was it.

He also kept claiming he showed the postmaster the POA document, and that it wasn't a problem...well, the postmaster SAW it, whether or not he needed a copy is irrelevant; but we won't take someone's word over the phone, you have to provide an actual copy. Not sure what was so hard about that!

Comment

We used to have one "customer" who would walk up to the register, and the following situation would transpire:

C: cashier
        M: MOD
        SC: customer

C: Hi, Welcome to ....
        SC: GET ME YOU MANAGER NOW!!!!!!!
        C: Just a .....
        SC: I SAID NOW!!!
        MOD: (walks over with cashier) Can I help you?
        SC: Yes, I have been over charged by you store before and I demand that you supervise this person for me to make sure she doesn't rip me off.
        MOD: When were you last overcharged?
        SC: last week?
        MOD: Did you call the store to let us know or speak to a manger before you left?
        SC: NO, why should I?
        Insert argue mt in for the next few minutes.
        SC; NO scan my groceries!
        cashier scans while MOD watches, SC is on phone.
        C: (hits Sub total, Sc still on phone) Mon, your to....
        SC: Quiet! I'm busy.
        MOD: Mam, pleas pay the cashier.
        SC: Fine! But I will complain that YOUR MANAGER on how you were so rude to me!
        (walks out)

The SC did this a few times before she called a female cashier a f*****g b***h and the MOD walked up canceled the transaction and told her to leave. She never came back.

Comment

It's bad enough that she makes such an issue of (supposedly) being overcharged on at least one previous occasion, and that she DEMANDS that a manager supervise the transaction, but FER CHRISSAKE!! To stand their and blab on her farkin' cellphone, so that she isn't paying attention to be sure she isn't "overcharged"???

And then to snap back when the cashier simply wants to give her the total?

She needs to exit the store via the woodchipper......

Mike
          Meow.........

Comment

Working...
          X