This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The face in the window

About a week ago we put up a poster in the window for a customer with a missing son. Apparently he'd gone off his meds and well, the sooner he's found the better.

Tonight near closing a customer strangely resembling Rush Limbaugh pointed at the flier.

"So is this a joke?"

That caught me off guard, and I didn't quite know how to react. I asked him why he thought we would fake a missing child scenario.

"Well, it looks fake. There's not enough info and stuff."

That perplexed me even more. Aside from four photographs of the missing kid, there's a detailed description and no less than three phone numbers. The worried parents were almost too thorough.

"It should have an address or something."

Uh, yeah... How exactly would that help you find him? You think he's hiding in the basement and want to go check? And I still don't get why you would think anyone would put up a fake missing person flier, much less as a joke.

"Um, I was just asking. That's all."

He turned and left rather quickly then; I suppose I looked pretty flabbergasted. But really, what the hell was that all about? Did I miss some new trend where food establishments post hoaxes as a source of hilarity?

Quoth Danno View Post

"It should have an address or something."
    an address? Are you kidding me? let's publish Mr. Not-Limbaugh's addy in public and see what happens.

Comment

Quoth Bramblerose View Post
      an address? Are you kidding me? let's publish Mr. Not-Limbaugh's addy in public and see what happens.
      He'll be making lots of new friends . . . at the very least.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Oddly, that doesn't sound unlike something the real Limbaugh would say

after all, we don't have to worry about ecological damage when an oil tanker sinks because there was no damage done by all the oil on the Titanic (I wish I was making that up, but that is an actual Limbaugh quote )
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Duh... wasn't the Titanic fuelled by coal?

Comment

Yeah, funny joke. Jeeeez, some people. Have they found the missing boy?
            whohatesshrimp?

Comment

Don't think so, I haven't seen the relatives since then and posters are still up all around, so...

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                Duh... wasn't the Titanic fuelled by coal?
                I love the people on this site.
                Check out my cosplay social group!
                http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Working...
                X