Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next time, you just need to save the image to your hard drive, open it in something like paint, and shrink it in there, then attach it using the paperclip icon in the reply screen. But you only need to shrink it if it's an exceptionally large picture, larger than the one you posted. Ones about that size, you just need to save and upload as attachments. We actually prefer it that way, as attachements load faster and don't stretch out the page.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
      Next time, you just need to save the image to your hard drive, open it in something like paint, and shrink it in there, then attach it using the paperclip icon in the reply screen. But you only need to shrink it if it's an exceptionally large picture, larger than the one you posted. Ones about that size, you just need to save and upload as attachments. We actually prefer it that way, as attachements load faster and don't stretch out the page.
      Thank you, I will remember this for next time, now that I know what that paperclip does!
      It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
      -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
        what that paperclip does!
        Yeah, it's not the most user-friendly set up for posting, is it? And yet, not the worst I've seen...*shudder* That one was scary. No, I will not say what it was. I have a reputation to maintain.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

one of my co-workers always dyed her hair red to match the rest of her family. likewise she had the skin of a typical redhead but not the hair.

and speaking of devil spawn... i'm reminded of a photo i saw of a gal with the devil's face tattooed on her privates. so... when she has kids, they'll really be born out of the devil's mouth.

Comment

I was just reminded of a poem by Robert Heinlein (an American sci-fi author). This is from 1946, very early in his career.

The Witch's Daughters

Have no truck with the daughters of Litith.
            Pay no mind to the redheaded creatures.
            Man, be warned by their sharp, white teeth;
            Consider their skulls, and their other queer features.

They're not of our tribe, with their flame-colored hair;
            Thy're no sib to us, with their pale, white skins;
            There's no soul behind those wild green eyes
            Man, when you meet one - walk widdershins!

When they die, they pop, like burst soap bubble
            (Eight hundred years is their usual span).
            Loving such beings leads only to trouble.
            By Heaven, be warned, you rash young man!
            Expect great things, but you'll get what you get.

PossJB

Comment

God's child.. devil's child.. whatever.. you can be anyone's child you wanna be.. Just don't get rid of that red hair!

Red hair is beautiful.
              Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Quoth PossJB View Post
                I was just reminded of a poem by Robert Heinlein (an American sci-fi author). This is from 1946, very early in his career.
                Kind of ironic since he married a redhead and a lot of his female characters were readheads.
                "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

I am so jealous of all of you with nice, pretty red hair. A little over 5 weeks ago I decided to add several streaks of red to my hair. I got it, and it looked nice, and contrasted very prettily with my normal blonde highlights.

Now the red's gone. It's almost completely faded away. If I look really hard I can kinda sorta maybe not really see something that could be termed somewhat reddish. WAAAAH! I know red can fade, but I was hoping it wouldn't fade so quickly!

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                    I think it was the Romans (before Christianity came to the land) that actually held red heads in high regard.
                    Perhaps, but I am guessing there was at least one redhead they did not have much love for, that being Boudica, the British queen that led the most successful revolt ever against the Roman Empire.

Feel free to look it up. Fascinating story.

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                    Scotland is supposed to have the most redheads per capita.
                    Hmmm, may have to make a trip to Scotland....

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                    Kind of ironic since he married a redhead and a lot of his female characters were readheads.
                    Probably WHY he wrote about redheads like that! He wanted to warn other men!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      Boudica, ... Feel free to look it up. Fascinating story.
                      Not to mention an awesome satue of her on the Thames Embankment.

Probably WHY he wrote about redheads like that! He wanted to warn other men!
                      Maybe he wanted to warn them away, so he could keep thema all to himself.
                      Last edited by cinema guy; 09-28-2008, 08:09 AM. Reason: correcting tags
                      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Sedorna View Post
                        I am so jealous of all of you with nice, pretty red hair. A little over 5 weeks ago I decided to add several streaks of red to my hair. I got it, and it looked nice, and contrasted very prettily with my normal blonde highlights.

Now the red's gone. It's almost completely faded away. If I look really hard I can kinda sorta maybe not really see something that could be termed somewhat reddish. WAAAAH! I know red can fade, but I was hoping it wouldn't fade so quickly!
                        I color my hair once a month. After that, it starts turning orangey-brown. I've tried just about every brand out there and I keep going back to L'Oreal Feria 67 Cardinal Red.

Revlon Colorist looked really natural and pretty but the color started looking bad within 3 weeks.
                        Last edited by wagegoth; 09-29-2008, 07:51 PM.
                        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                        HR believes the first person in the door
                        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                        Document everything
                        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                          I color my hair once a month. After that, it starts turning orangey-brown. I've tried just about every brand out there and I keep going back to L'Oreal Feria 67 Cardinal Red.

Revlon Colorist looked really natural and pretty but the color started looking bad within 3 weeks.
                          I use henna to color my hair. I'm not allergic to it, like I am to most other hair dyes, and it fades nicely.
                          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

It is said that a man will date blondes, marry a brunette... and take a redhead for a mistress.

I personally say that while blondes may *have* more fun, redheads *are* more fun.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Just how blue.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	2028859

Pic of me when the hair was still blue. I dyed it back to auburn a couple of weeks ago after more than 6 months at this color. LOL Kid was playing with the new camera, thus my nonplussed look and bad hair day.
                              ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                                I personally say that while blondes may *have* more fun, redheads *are* more fun.
                                A favorite and oft-repeated saying of one of the redheads I used to date:

"You can sleep with a blonde and you can sleep with a brunette...but you won't get any sleep with a redhead!"

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X