Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not paying attention (Notes from the Log Book)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not paying attention (Notes from the Log Book)

Some general information about the layout. The hotel has two floors, and all rooms are outside access. The "outside" of the hotel is the highway side, but also most convenient for parking. The "inside" of the hotel is away from the highway, but parking sucks. We have rooms with two Full size beds, which we call doubles. We only have single King and Queens. Also please note the use of letters in place of room numbers.

Quoth the Log Book
    #XXX is very difficult. Was in #YYY. Demanded room with 2 Queen, had to be told multiple times we had no such room, didn't want doubles. Finally took, demand ground inside. Called argumentative about TV and channel listings.
    First, the GSR who had to deal with this guest was brand new. Second the above was edited slightly to add punctuation and capitalization for easier readability.

Now to clarify things a tad. She finally took a double, once it was made clear we didn't physically have any of the rooms she was looking for. Then she demanded one of our rooms that is in the highest demand (a first floor double), and decided to be picky about the TV stations that we offer. She wasn't complaining about it not working, just what stations we have.

Just glad it wasn't me dealing with her, though that may change tomorrow.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
    First, the GSR who had to deal with this guest...
    SC
    A sign that I'm watching WAY too many crime lab shows lately- I read that acronym as 'Gun Shot Residue' first.
    "What did you have for breakfast this morning? Carnation Instant Bitch?"
    -Eric Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

Quoth StanFlouride View Post
      A sign that I'm watching WAY too many crime lab shows lately- I read that acronym as 'Gun Shot Residue' first.
      You mean like CSI, Criminal Minds, Law & Order, etc. Those are the DVDs on my shelf at home.

SC
      "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

You mean like CSI, Criminal Minds, Law & Order, etc. Those are the DVDs on my shelf at home.

SC
        Ditto.

Well, those and anime. Lots and lots of anime.

I'm SO happy the new season of Criminal Minds started. It's what I look forward to on Wednesday nights, in my sad little world.

Comment

SC
          The Wire has ruined me for network crime drama. I keep yelling at the TV.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Have you guys seen the mentalist yet? awesome show!

ok...back on topic...I remember what it was like to be brand new on the front desk of a hotel (ive done front desk for 6 years...) It can be really overwhelming when you first start working on the desk. Especially when you are alone.
            "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Comment

Quoth StanFlouride View Post
              I'm so glad I wasn't the only one.
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
              X