Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wait...you want a discount because of WHAT??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
    Before the SC revealed how much money was in his account, I could somewhat sympathize. I was had a transaction declined at 7-11. This scared the hell out of me so I hurried to go check my balance. Turns out nothing funny was going on and I just chalked it up to an error with their machines.
    I've only had a debit card declined once, I had a momentary panic envisioning all the red tape and hassles and everything to straighten it out, picturing identify theft, etc (cause I knew I had plenty of money in that account). Then realized I'd put in one of my two cards & used the PIN for the other (we have both bank & credit union accounts, long story). At least I didn't yell at the cashier

Madness takes it's toll....
    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
      Before the SC revealed how much money was in his account, I could somewhat sympathize. I was had a transaction declined at 7-11. This scared the hell out of me so I hurried to go check my balance. Turns out nothing funny was going on and I just chalked it up to an error with their machines.
      There's a store at the mall here that invariably has trouble running my debit card as a debit. And I always forget that it's a problem, because I don't shop there that often, so it gets declined. If they run it as credit, it works fine. And this is for $5 or so. So yeah, the machines can have problems, but since I know what's in my account I just assume it's their issue and find another way to pay.

Then remembered that I was recalling Quinto-Spock, not Nimoy-Spock.
      Shut your mouth, sir, Nimoy is the greatest of Spocks and full of asskickery.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        That he is... I just think that most Vulcans, and Spock moreso (because he "wants" to be a Real Vulcan (tm) so badly, would do everything in their power to avoid doing so. Their ancestors were some bad muthas, as I recall, which is exactly WHY they focus so much on logic -- they don't wanna go back to the old ways.
        I know this. Vulcans and Romulans share a common ancestry, after all.

Mirror-verse Vulcans, however, are apparently REALLY bad muthas. Remember how Mirror Sulu responded when Mirror Spock told him that if he 'disappeared' there would be associates who would avenge him. "And some of them are Vulcans."

Quoth manybellsdown View Post
        Shut your mouth, sir, Nimoy is the greatest of Spocks and full of asskickery.
        I never said that Quinto was the greatest of Spocks. I fully agree that Nimoy will always be the best.

Just my brain ticked to the wrong Spock at first.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
          Happened to me at a local Pan-Asian restaurant last summer. Mrs. TGK picked up the tab and I logged onto the account when we got home...nothing that would cause decline--plenty on that account. I still have no idea why the decline--definitely an error somewhere.
          Back to the OP:
          Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
          "Well I hope you're happy, you've ruined my sons birthday!"
          Alright!! You ruined a birthday...way to go.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I've had a card decline because the my bank's network was down. Had nothing to do with how much money was in the account, because I couldn't even access it via an ATM nor the website. I called in and found out the truth. I didn't blame anyone, 'cause shit happens, especially when networks are involved.
            If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

And it's reasons like THAT that make me certain my friends who refuse to carry cash are nuts. I understand not wanting to walk around with a LOT of cash, but you still should have some cash on you for such contingencies. Personally, I feel rather naked if I have anything less than $40 on me at any time.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                feel rather naked if I have anything less than $40 on me at any time.
                Same here. I just press the cash back option somewhere if drops too much below fifty. I don't expect to be able to cover something like grocery shopping, but I can cover a couple of six packs, or a dinner out etc.

Comment

You know the guy is too stupid to keep track of his money if he thinks a $60 game is going to make his son happy. Most likely, his son would play it once and then it becomes yesterday's news collecting dust on the bookshelves. And if he only has $45 left until the next payday, there should be a LOT of things he should consider using that money for instead of wanting to go broke on a birthday present!

Comment

Maybe Dad could have bought the son a PSN prepaid card and call it good.
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                      I was going to point out that Spock is quite capable of kicking ass...

Then remembered that Spock is only half-Vulcan.

Then remembered that I was recalling Quinto-Spock, not Nimoy-Spock.
                      Ah, but don't forget Savvik from the first 4 movies was half- Vulcan half- Romulan
                      "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                        Same here. I just press the cash back option somewhere if drops too much below fifty. I don't expect to be able to cover something like grocery shopping, but I can cover a couple of six packs, or a dinner out etc.
                        I can't remember the last time I actually used the cash back option. But then, since I leave work every day with cash (tips, ya know), and generally have too much rather than not enough cash on me, that never really is an issue I need to worry about. Even if I don't have enough cash at the grocery store, I just use my card; or, if my card is declined (as happened when some yahoos in Tampa got a hold of my card number to buy a tv or some such), I just use my OTHER card. Especially since in most instances I know that I'll be making some more cash the next day. Anyone who works on tips knows what I'm talking about.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post

I never said that Quinto was the greatest of Spocks. I fully agree that Nimoy will always be the best.

Just my brain ticked to the wrong Spock at first.
                          Damn straight Glad you agree or I'd be forced to do something mean
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

"Well I hope you're happy, you've ruined my sons birthday!"
                            No, his piss-poor planning ruined his son's birthday.

Comment

For a man with a kid, who has only $45 in the bank, I would think there are bigger things to be worried about than no able to buy a $50 game for his birthday...like say, I dunno, food maybe.

Comment

I have had my card decline and the money was still taken from my account. I had a really hard time getting the supermarket to believe me, thankfully my bank time stamped my transactions and I could prove the $11.31 came out 30 seconds apart (they ran my card again and it went through) because it worked the second time.

who spends their last $40 on a video game?
                                I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Working...
                                X