Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is going to be the LONGEST 5 1/2 hours of my life!! (in a good way)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is going to be the LONGEST 5 1/2 hours of my life!! (in a good way)

So, after trying to get pregnant with my fiancee for the past 3 1/2-4 years... I took a pregnancy test this morning (after he had gone to work, as he didn't even know I had my suspicions) and IT WAS POSITIVE!

OMG! My birthday is in less than a week, and I was contemplating going to the doc for fertility tests. Now I'll be going for completely different reasons.

So now, I'm here stuck at work for another 5 hours. I caved and told my brother, cause I had to tell SOMEONE. And now I'm telling all of you, because, well, I'M SO GODDAMNED EXCITED!!

Ahem, thank you for letting me share my news please don't tell my parents LOL

Congratulations, I hope you have a healthy and boring 9 months or so.
    "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

Thank you! I can't wait to tell the fiancee... he's gonna be so shocked LOL In 9 years, I've never seen him truly surprised. This will be the day

Comment

I like how CloserToSane put it.

May your pregnancy be boring and the baby born healthy.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Conga rats! I echo the sentiments here also.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Thank you all for your kind thoughts only 2 1/2 more hours to go LOL

Comment

Haha! Let this baby be healthy, the pregnancy be without problems, and you have enough toilet paper. (I'm not kidding.)
              In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
              She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                I like how CloserToSane put it.

May your pregnancy be boring and the baby born healthy.
                I'll echo this sentiment a LOT. Especially after three kids, two of whom decided to make things "interesting" while I was pregnant.

Good luck!
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Let us know his reaction! Congratulations!

Comment

Quoth Der Cute View Post
                    have enough toilet paper. (I'm not kidding.)
                    We went through a lot of toilet paper for my roomie for the past 3 months.

Congrats

Comment

Congrats and I hope your pregnancy is a breeze!
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Congratulations! And I hope your pregnancy is serene and uneventful, with a bonny and healthy babe at the end of it
                        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

How wonderful!

Please let us know how he reacts. I'm sure he'll be so very excited.
                            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

THE REACTION!!!

LOL his reaction was pretty funny.

I came home on Saturday after work with groceries, and he asked me how my day was. He looked rather quizzically when I told him that it was the LONGEST.DAY.EVER. I asked him how his day was, we chitchatted for a few minutes, then I stopped what I was doing (he was loading the dishwasher for me) and grabbed his hand. I asked him if he loved me, and he responded with "yes?". I then asked him if that was a question, or if he had doubts. He looked even more confused, and said that he had no doubts. I told him that I was pregnant. The look on his face was then then then and . The only word he uttered in about 5 minutes was "REALLY?" with a shit eating grin on his face. It was perfect LOL

I went to a walk-in clinic on Sunday, and the doctor confirmed without a doubt. I have an appointment for tomorrow at my regular doctor's office to... get this... DO ANOTHER PREGNANCY TEST. I asked if they could just confirm with the other clinic, but they like to do their own . I guess if they want me to pee into another cup, whatever LOL. I've come to accept my life will be like this for however many more months I'm pregnant, and beyond.

Thank you all again for the kind words. I'm still very excited

Comment

Working...
                              X