This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snapping photos of workers to get them in trouble

This is a trend on Facebook that is really ticking me off. I see on Facebook photos of cart collectors leaning on carts in a corral, taking a breather in the sweltering summer heat and humidity while the poster asks "what is he being paid to do?" I see photos of workers hanging out after work and having a smoke, a ways away from the front door. It's not even like you'd have to walk through their smoke to get inside. Yet this woman is all offended and people are commenting, insinuating that this is what the workers are getting paid to do (when clearly they're off the clock). This petty bullshit is really getting annoying. I despise people like this who have nothing better to do with their time than to try to get service workers into trouble or make them look like they're a bunch of slacker bums.

these people will do ANYTHING to make the retail slaves/robots/non human slave wage scum (at least in their mind anyway) look bad for any reason just because they can. HOW dare a robot enjoy some down time even IF THEY are off the clock.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

It's getting bad now. People are reporting things they see and hear when a retail worker is being just a regular public citzen to their jobs. I dont like that. If i want to have a drink and a good time, i should be able to do it. If i get into an altercation, it's not my jobs business. But people are doing it. I hate it.

Comment

And not just retail workers. I remember after Superstorm Sandy, when power was out for days and weeks everywhere, and crews from other states came in to help restore. It was a huge job; poles and lines down, etc.

I would look every now and again at my electric company's FB page (thankfully I was only out for 3 days) and got so sick of seeing people bitch about how they saw all these trucks, and workers just standing around, talking, or saw them in a restaurant or diner, eating, and didn't they KNOW that power was still out, and how dare they be doing anything BUT helping to restore it.

Some of the areas were staging areas, so i'm sure they were going over what to do when and where. And I don't know about you, but I think i'd much rather have someone who was well rested, and fed, and also who had a plan as to what to do, vs. having the crews out 24/7 with little or not break!

People are just dumb. If you don't know the situation, keep your yap shut.

Comment

And then shit-ass managers punish the employees in the pictures, because once it's on Facederp and gets likes, it becomes valid.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Turn it around on them. Take pictures of the picture-takers. Publicly shame them.

"This person is photographing me without my consent and harassing me while I'm having a cigarette off the clock."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
              these people will do ANYTHING to make the retail slaves/robots/non human slave wage scum (at least in their mind anyway) look bad for any reason just because they can. HOW dare a robot enjoy some down time even IF THEY are off the clock.
              And if those jobs get replaced with automation, those same people snapping pictures will be bitching because they can't deal with a real human.
              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

It would be nice to be able to pull out my phone right in the middle of helping a SC, and snap a photo. Can you imagine the outrage that would ensue? Privacy violation! Slander! Boycott! But yeah, another reason I don't have a FB. When I did I was in a group called something like "I work retail and hate everyone." This was like 8 years ago, and I obviously wasn't worried about my work seeing it.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I had something like that happen at my current job, back when our tyrannical ex-manager was still in charge. I had a lot of work on my plate, and I was busting my ass trying to get everything done. I had just wrapped up one assignment, and right before I started on the other one, I leaned back in my chair for just a second. Naturally, that exact second was when the manager just happened to walk by. He didn't say anything to me, but he looked at me, and I didn't like the way he looked at me.

I knew I was going to hear about it, and I wasn't disappointed. A few minutes later, my supervisor told me that "someone" saw me leaning back in my chair and not working. I explained what really happened -- that I did that for just a split second after wrapping up an assignment, and then I went right to the next one. He seemed to understand, but I was still pissed off about it, and told him, "The next time (manager's name) has something to say to me, tell him to say it to my face!"
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

An update on this classic. Now they put their nonsense online
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

The only time I can really see a reason to complain is if the customer can prove that the workers actually are lazing around on the clock for a period of time that actually matters. (cart collectors taking a short break to help them deal with the sweltering heat doesn't count, for example)

I will admit that if people are congregating around the entrance to somewhere smoking, I will generally get cross, but that has more to do with not wanting to have to walk through a cloud of smoke to get in somewhere. If it doesn't get in the way of getting in, then I don't generally care.

as for the utility workers, i can think of half-a-dozen reasons why they might not be visibly working. ( on break, waiting for safety equipment, waiting for replacement parts ( like, for example, a replacement electricity pole), waiting for the electricity to that section to be turned off, someone hasn't turned up yet, or that they are planning out exactly what to do) not to mention that again, if they are eating, I would presume it was a meal break. (after all, when you are hungry, you WILL work slower)

Comment

Quoth sstabeler View Post
                        after all, when you are hungry, you WILL work slower
                        And if you go without food long enough, pass out because your body doesn't have the fuel it needs for the increased workload and that doesn't make anyone's day better. Hypoglycemia is a thing, folks.

Now, I may have some not so nice thoughts when I'm out somewhere, it's busy, there's clearly not enough staff on the floor and I see an employee standing doing nothing. And then I remind myself that the employee might actually be doing something or on a break and they deserve that much. No need to put it out there on social media unless it's a consistent pattern, you've gone through the proper management channels, and there's been no effort to improve the situation. But seeing the cart jockey taking a breather when it's the hottest, most humid day of the year? Not a good reason. People like that I'd like to invite to do it better.
                        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth Despina83 View Post
                          This is a trend on Facebook that is really ticking me off. I see on Facebook photos of cart collectors leaning on carts in a corral, taking a breather in the sweltering summer heat and humidity while the poster asks "what is he being paid to do?"
                          I just did a four-hour carriage shift today, mid-80's, humid. I never slacked, I kept the inside of the store well-stocked with carts...and yet I took time to walk back into the store to get an occasional water bottle (my manager thoughtfully had a case of mini-bottles put aside for anyone working outside) and just to get out of the heat. Even after a "mere" four hours (minus my break and a few odds & ends inside the store), my feet were SCREAMING at me and I was red-faced and dripping with sweat and had to jump immediately into the shower when I got home to wash the stink off and get my overall body temperature down. If some customer saw me drinking some water and sniffed that I should "get back to work", I probably would have broke my shoe off in their ass.

Comment

I am so happy I do not see that on FB. There would be many people unfriending me.

I stay out of YouTube comment sections for the most part. But it always annoyed me when there is a video of Soldiers relaxing some idiot accuses them of "wasting government resources" because they are paid salary and should be working 24/7/365 (even though that is not possible).

Someday, someone is going to get fired because of one of these posts. Hopefully, it will be that rare someone who will sue the company (for wrongful termination). Then, sue the poster for slander (as they obviously do not know what was going on).

I really want that day to come.
                            I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

the really pernicious attitude is that if you are on salary, you should not get any free time. I'm sorry, but while salary technically means you don't get paid for every hour you work, you STILL generally have a defined number of hours you work.

Comment

Working...
                              X