• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom privileges

Angry Old Man: "I need to use your bathroom!"
    Tech: "Sorry but we don't have restrooms for the public."
    AOM: "I HAVE TO GO TO THE BATHROOM!"
    Tech: *sighs* "You can ask one of the front of store employees to take you back there..."
    AOM: "WHY CAN'T YOU DO IT?!"
    Tech: "We're BUSY sir, this is the PHARMACY."
    AOM: "I CAN'T WAIT! I NEED TO GO NOW!"

Once upon a time, the bathrooms in our stock area were old, dark, rusty and filthy because they were only used by employees. We stopped allowing the public to use them when a junkie OD'd on the toilet and was found in full rigor an hour later by a traumatized cashier.

Angry Old Man emerges from bathroom.
    AOM: "I WANNA TALK TO A MANAGER!"
    Manager comes over.
    AOM" YOUR BATHROOMS ARE FILTHY!"
    Manager: "THAT'S WHY WE DIDN'T WANT YOU USING THEM!"
    AOM: "YOU SHOULD CLEAN THEM!"
    Manager: "I got actual customers to wait on, go take your dumps elsewhere from now on."

I love my manager.

The bathrooms have since been cleaned up, retiled, all new fixtures and paint, etc. They are open to the public. And at least once a week, they get shut down because some cretin has backed them up with shit and toilet paper, used tampons, old Depends and whatnot.

And this, dear general public, is why we hate you.

The toilet at the store is occasionally clogged up or simply rendered unusable by disgusting messes left by customers.

I'd like to ask some of them exactly how they managed to get crap in some of the places I've had to clean it from.

Comment

I love your manager, too. And I hate cleaning bathrooms.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

At my job, there are public restrooms and employee restrooms. The public restrooms are about 100 feet from the intake desk. I have to code into a locked door and walk about half a block through the cubes to the employee restrooms. One of the first things I was told when I started working there was to never, ever use the public restrooms. Yeah, I'd rather take the walk than see the horrors that might be lurking behind that door.

Comment

Quoth Roland View Post
          I'd like to ask some of them exactly how they managed to get crap in some of the places I've had to clean it from.
          As someone who has to clean public bathrooms every day that I work, I am constantly amazed at this (yesterday in one of the mens' cubicles, it was all up the tiled wall at the side, to above my elbow height)
          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
            As someone who has to clean public bathrooms every day that I work, I am constantly amazed at this (yesterday in one of the mens' cubicles, it was all up the tiled wall at the side, to above my elbow height)
            Getting shit on the walls should be a terminable offense. And by that, I mean the phrase "Praiseworthy Homicide" should apply.
            "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
            "What IS fun to fight through?"
            "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

I just tell people we don't have a bathroom and we have to use the one next door in the Mexican grocery store.

Comment

Back when I used to work a large Atlantic Canada convenience/gas station chain we used to have a woman who would come in regularly to use the washroom, make a jesus mess in there and then come out and complain about the state of it. We got wise to her quick and when we would see her pull up, as she parked at the pumps like an entitled bitch, someone would run to the washroom and do a quick tidy, and even if it was just done just wait in there (was one person at a time kinda washroom) and she'd be there waiting when the staff member would come out. She wouldn't be able to pull her shenanigans then. We cleaned that washroom every 30 mins, kept a timer to remind us.
                There was a fake palm tree like plant in there we'd have to hose out in the car wash every month or so and some jackasses would decide it was a urinal

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                  Getting shit on the walls should be a terminable offense. And by that, I mean the phrase "Praiseworthy Homicide" should apply.
                  Stop it, you're turning me on.
                  Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

If I ever have my own shop, I will NOT have public bathrooms just from the mess women leave. Women say that the men's bathroom is ten times worse, um, no it's not -- women are disgusting pigs when it comes to public bathrooms. When I worked at Random Craft Store I would constantly ask management why we couldn't block the bathrooms off, at least the women's bathroom -- good grief, it was nasty as anything. During my last few months working there someone would have to go clean it every half hour, it got so bad that we'd be down to one stall every other day if not *every* day.

Got to the point where the plumbers that Store Management got pretty much stopped in every morning regardless if they were called or not, I think they asked the same question I did.
                    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Tell me about it, AK - I find just as many disgusting messes in the womens' bathroom as I do in the mens' - in fact, more, because there are twice as many cubicles in the womens'.

At least the phantom bogeyman (who used to wipe his bogeys on the door or wall of one of the mens' cubicles almost every single day) seems to have moved onto pastures new - which makes me think that it was the person I suspected.
                      Last edited by Marmalady; 07-26-2015, 07:45 AM.

Comment

I had a group of teachers trash our bathrooms - TEACHERS!!!
                        After that I put a sign up about how if people can't clean up after themselves and put the paper towels in the trash and flush the toilets they will LOSE their bathroom privileges. It has actually helped

Comment

The last arcade I worked at had two very nice bathrooms in it when we took over the space. They were closed the first week the store was opened. The mens bathroom would get trashed at least once an hour and all of the toilet paper (tube and all) was stuffed in the toilet. The womans was worse. The 2nd day, the mirror was ripped from the wall and on the 4th day, the toilet got broken in half. On day 6, the plumber came in and told us how much it was going to cost to fix it. We had him cap the water and sewer lines instead. It was cheaper and we got an extra store room out of it.

People were always demanding that we open the employee bathroom for them. I would flat out refuse. When they would ask why, I would simply say "It cost us over $10,000 to operate a public bathroom our first week. Now we only have one for employees and there is no way I'm letting anyone destroy that one too. Go ahead and complain to corporate. They are the ones that told us to shut them down."

Comment

How ... why ....

I just cannot fathom a person deliberately vandalising anything. Anything!

I can understand accidental damage. Accidents happen, after all.

If tp is stored above the loo, I can understand it falling into the loo. But I can't figure out someone putting - deliberately putting - a whole roll into a loo.

I can understand a mirror becoming broken. Again, oops. But I can't understand ripping it from a wall.

And breaking a loo bowl? Um. Even trying to use it like a squat toilet, it shouldn't break. How do you do that?
                            Seshat's self-help guide:
                            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                              And breaking a loo bowl? Um. Even trying to use it like a squat toilet, it shouldn't break. How do you do that?
                              My guess is climbing on it and jumping on it until it cracked.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                              X