This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's going to the media, folks.

So, I just need to get this off my chest. I was the only person at the service desk from 5:30-9:30, and I was there for a 9 hour shift. I was doing returns for roughly 9 hours.

The area is a mess with piles and piles and carts and more carts full of unsorted returns. We don't have the manpower/the people overnight are lazy and don't put anything away, so there's no room to do any of them. I'm usually very good with sorting and keeping things clean, so it makes me angry.

I basically spent the entire day getting s**t on by every shopper, turning people away from check cashing without their ID['s matching, getting cursed at and argued with.

But it was extremely busy all over the store today, so this older lady comes up and we have this exchange:

SC: Hello, I know that you just work here and have nothing to do with it, but you know those commercials that say Walmart is going to have every lane open for the holidays?
    Me: Well, they don't actually say every lane open..
    SC: Yes they do!
    Me: Well-
    SC: I'M GOING TO CHANNEL 10!
    Me: Wha-
    SC: CHANNEL 10!

And she storms off.

Honestly? I doubt the local news will care that one walmart store is understaffed, that is unless it ends with me punching through your thick skull, you halfwit.

Why do people think it's ok for them to treat us like this?

Going to the media is one of my absolute favourite threats. It trumps even threatening to sue. The media doesn't give a rats ass unless an employee choked your puppy in front of you and there was a security camera feed. -.-

Comment

She had nothing else to say? She didn't want to wait in line for more than a minute or something?

Send her to my non wal-mart store, four terminals, with the head cashier/shifts ringing anywhere from 1-3 at a time...like tonight. haha.

Had some lady threaten to call the BBB cause she apparently can't read and accidentally donated a dollar to St. Judes. Whoops. Then came in a week later to get it refunded.
      "But the pharmacy was here this morning...!"

Comment

<deadpan>

Oh, no. Not the media. Say it ain't so. </deadpan>
        "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

When did it become acceptable to treat retail workers & especially cashiers with disrespect? I remember when i was a kid in the 1970's that the kind of behavior you see exhibited by sucky customers nowadays was almost unheard of back then.

Comment

I'm always sure to hand them a business card when they tell me that.

Well, I want my name spelled right.

Since it's going to be in all the papers and all.

Right?
            I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

In retrospect, I'm finding the situation hilarious, but after a long day it was just more wear on my soul.

I'm about to go back in, and all of your comments are making me feel better.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                I remember when i was a kid in the 1970's that the kind of behavior you see exhibited by sucky customers nowadays was almost unheard of back then.
                I was absolutely gobsmacked to find out, in Groucho Marx's day, that customers would be so demanding still...
                Watch "In the Store", Groucho is a store detective, Harpo follows a lady in a polka dot dress, who wants a hat to match, the counter lady swears she'll have to call to get that fabric, as she doesn't have any in. Woman goes ballistic... Harpo cuts off the back of her dress, and places it on the hat form. Woman says, "That's better," snottily, checkes it out in the mirror, and plops it down on the counter. "No, I decided I don't like it," and leaves.
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

AFAIK, the stupid commercial only says the store will have more lines open than ever before, which is open to interpretation.

Sadly, I can almost see a TV station covering this. They love to do all those "OMG RIPPING U OFF!" stories all the time.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

"You're going to put me on TV? Cool!"

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                      When did it become acceptable to treat retail workers & especially cashiers with disrespect? I remember when i was a kid in the 1970's that the kind of behavior you see exhibited by sucky customers nowadays was almost unheard of back then.

My lawn. Get off it.
                      Edited for my amusement.

*grew up in the 90's and still isn't an entitled jack-off*
                      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

i know when i was in va, farm fresh had that "every lane" rule...but it was only between certain hours. im thinking... if walmart did have that rule, they'd probably have the same thing going... only during specific hours, not 247

Comment

the minute I first saw those commercials I thought to myself, "Lord....why????"
                          When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

The world economy is in meltdown. Who does she think will care about her pathetic little whine?
                            No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Maybe they'll make it into one of those "Feel-good stories". Like "Be glad you're not as dumb as this lady!"
                              I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Working...
                              X