Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Hello and good evening, I'm Dick Thornberg, and tonight's biggest story, and this will hit close to home for all you Christmas shoppers out there, oh yessir......be careful out there, all you Wal-Mart shoppers.....Wal-Mart has been lying to and deceiving their customers! They will in fact, NOT have every single lane available this Christmas season.........well smack my ass and call me Sally! Will Dilly is on the scene at the local Wal-Mart with some very agitated customers! Will?"

"Yes, Dick!?"

"Will, what are most people's feelings today in this TRAGEDY?"

"Well Dick, it isn't good. Christmas is RUINED. For EVERYONE! There are children crying, women tearing each other apart with their acrylic nails, and men bashing one another over the head with fake plants, then farting on one another. It isn't good, Dick, it isn't good!"
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
      "Hello and good evening, I'm Dick Thornberg, and tonight's biggest story, and this will hit close to home for all you Christmas shoppers out there, oh yessir......be careful out there, all you Wal-Mart shoppers.....Wal-Mart has been lying to and deceiving their customers! They will in fact, NOT have every single lane available this Christmas season.........well smack my ass and call me Sally! Will Dilly is on the scene at the local Wal-Mart with some very agitated customers! Will?"

"Yes, Dick!?"

"Will, what are most people's feelings today in this TRAGEDY?"

"Well Dick, it isn't good. Christmas is RUINED. For EVERYONE! There are children crying, women tearing each other apart with their acrylic nails, and men bashing one another over the head with fake plants, then farting on one another. It isn't good, Dick, it isn't good!"
      And how has this changed from a normal day at Wal-Mart, Willy?
      I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

"Well gee, you sure got my pinstriped thong in a tizzy there, I'm not sure how to answer that one, Dick!"

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
          And how has this changed from a normal day at Wal-Mart, Willy?
          Not very much, but today's lack of lanes has caused a faction of customers to take over the deli and use it as a fort. In fact, I myself have just escaped with a hot chicken wing to the crotch. This is a terrible, terrible day. All those ruined trousers, just for the sake of opening a few extra lanes. Sad times indeed Dick.
          "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

"Well actually, I do like the feeling of over greased, heated poultry on my nether regions. And the ladies love the barbeque flavored lube, if you get my drift."

Ok. That's it....Blas.....go to bed. Now.

Comment

You know when I first saw that commercial all I could think was, "Dear Lord they're just asking for SCs!" Though it was kinda cool seeing the lights going with the music.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                There are children crying, women tearing each other apart with their acrylic nails, and men bashing one another over the head with fake plants, then farting on one another. It isn't good, Dick, it isn't good!"
                Were you at my store today, by any chance? Because that's close to what it was like today.

I must've walked into about 4 farts today. No lie. I'd be walking along and JAYZUZ H. KEE-RYST IT SMELLS LIKE ROTTEN EGGS!!11!eleventy!

My nose, it hurts.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

We once had a woman threaten to go to the news over something. After she walked off my team lead and I were laughing our asses off, and the store manager noticed and walked up to see what was up. Her reply to the story was "How's my hair? This could be my big break!"
                  It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                    Going to the media is one of my absolute favourite threats. It trumps even threatening to sue. The media doesn't give a rats ass unless an employee choked your puppy in front of you and there was a security camera feed. -.-
                    As a media person, Gotta concur there :P

People who randomly call up/email/contact with things like that are just good for lulz when we're bored/stressed out from deadlines.

Comment

This thread is still amusing to me.

I definitely called off today because of the stress, so it was nice to have a laugh. THis place is my therapy.

Comment

Quoth TinyWaitress View Post
                        As a media person, Gotta concur there :P

People who randomly call up/email/contact with things like that are just good for lulz when we're bored/stressed out from deadlines.
                        Then I don't feel so bad when an angry phone jerk yells "IS GOIN TO DA RE-PORT-ERZ CUZ YOU IZ TRYIN TO STEAL MAI IN-FO-MA-SHUN!" and probably will. At least someone else will get amusement from it.
                        I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post

That's another ice water bath within the last 2 days for this monitor.

And that scene described could very well happen at my local WM . . .and local news crews could be there in 5 minutes (Channel 2 is that close by.)
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                            When did it become acceptable to treat retail workers & especially cashiers with disrespect? I remember when i was a kid in the 1970's that the kind of behavior you see exhibited by sucky customers nowadays was almost unheard of back then.
                            say it with me now "entitlement culture".

That's it, we live in a world where everyone is "me, me, me" and "Screw the other guy"
                            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                              say it with me now "entitlement culture".

That's it, we live in a world where everyone is "me, me, me" and "Screw the other guy"
                              A sad but true statement.

I once had a customer on the phone who claimed the local current affairs show was at her home to interview her and were coming over to my office later. When I asked her to put them on (as i was happy to give a phone interview) She then told me they had just left. Funny that?
                              "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
                              "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
                              "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Working...
                              X