Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damit! Dammit! DAMMIT! YOU BROKE THE RULES!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AccountingDrone
    We had one of those 1984 maroon caravan minivans that were so ubiquitous.
    My family had one while I was growing up. So many of my childhood memories revolve around that van. Ours was maroon but had the faux wood paneling. So tacky but so nostalgic.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
      I have a lovely little Ford KA.
      I had one of those. Dead easy to park, even easier to lose in the car park.
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

The first time I drove out to visit my BFF in Seattle I asked her to check to see if I needed a visitor parking permit to park in the apartment's parking lot. The only reason I even thought to ask was because of threads like these.
        Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I love Argabarga's threads so much I actually called our city council and asked if they had any PEO jobs going. Turns out that they don't, because the turnover is VERY low! Guess they must be pretty all right jobs to have, huh?

(I didn't enquire about towing jobs because I don't drive, but I can definitely walk a beat and hand out tickets, lol)
          Last edited by veniteangeli; 06-18-2012, 03:41 PM. Reason: and --> any. Yes, it's a word, but it's the WRONG word!
          Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet...

Comment

I have a class B CDL..he could hire me
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
              So you're saying that you wouldn't recognize my incredibly blah-coloured Toyota Corolla from every other blah-coloured Toyota Corolla you've ever seen??

I'm shocked. Truly.

(We'll ignore the fact that, even with a recognizable ding in the left rear fender that I haven't yet been able to get fixed ... even with that, I sometimes mistake other blah-coloured Toyota Corollas for mine ... )
              I can say the same thing about my Focus. And it has a giant and I mean GIANT FUCKING DENT just behind the driver side door.
              If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Quoth manybellsdown View Post
                Yeah I've got one of those '99 Saturn sedans in the dark green that it seems like 80% of them came in. I have attempted to enter the wrong car in a parking lot on more than one occasion.
                Try 2 delivery drivers. One with say a Grand Am (black interior) and the other with another GM division's "sister car" with a beige interior. BOTH cars are the same exterior color. and sometimes BOTH park right next to each other.

sit back and watch the hilarity when one driver gets into the others car.

Yes that is me and another driver. yes we have BOTH done it multipule times esp after dark and we are not pay quite enought attention.
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                  Dead easy to park, even easier to lose in the car park.
                  Same could be said about my Corolla. Those cars are so common--especially the red and blue ones--they tend to blend in. I can't count the number of times I've come out of a store, and gone "Dude, where's my car?" The other car? Not so much. Bright orange tends to stick out quite a bit. There's only one other bright orange MGB GT out there...and that one is currently off the road with brake failure.
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth manybellsdown View Post
                    Yeah I've got one of those '99 Saturn sedans in the dark green that it seems like 80% of them came in. I have attempted to enter the wrong car in a parking lot on more than one occasion.
                    I have one in a darker red color. When I bought the car my parents remarked it wasn't a common color for that car. Now I see cars just like mine all the time so I have to pay attention to license plates.

Maybe I should invest in some different rims or something.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I like Argabarga's posts as well. It makes me feel good to know that somewhere, sometime, someone is getting their just deserts.

I wonder if Argabarga would remember my car?

This is not my car, but it looks just like this.

By the way Argabarga, there are two reasons why you are never going to tow my car...

1. I never park anywhere that it needs towing.
                      2. I live in Australia.

Comment

Yeah, I have car type blindness. Our car is a silver car. I can't tell it apart from any other silver car (well I've got better now than when we first got it 5 years ago). I rely on licence plates.

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
                          I'm not sure that's an absolute. I think there has been a mention of the occasional "voluntary" tow: Moving a car at the owner's request from a parking lot to a place where unexpected service (e.g., replacing the starter) can be provided. Of course, those tows generally wouldn't result in an Argabarga post.
                          Quoth gerund View Post
                          2. I live in Australia.
                          But that does settle the matter.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                            Same could be said about my Corolla. Those cars are so common--especially the red and blue ones--they tend to blend in. I can't count the number of times I've come out of a store, and gone "Dude, where's my car?"
                            My car is a 94/95 Ford Laser. Up until recently it also had P-Plates on it. I used to use the P-Plates to determine which car was mine.

Now I still lose my car because it "disappears" against larger cars. (it's a station wagon hatchback)

When I start teaching, I am upgrading to a Holden Astra or Barina. One of the ladies at uni has a bright blue Astra. I want her car
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
                              2. I live in Australia.
                              1. Yeah, but I'll bet you have "bestest" friends who'd be willing to lift and shift your wheels.
                              2. Argabarga probably wouldn't mind a busman's to Oz. Last chance to send your $/C$/A$/NZ$/£/¥/€ to Sandy Claws.
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

You bet I wouldn't, the overage rate for towing an illegally parked car (per ordinance natch ) is $1.50 per mile after 10 miles. I could retire!
                                - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X