Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tended to ignore people who shouted "Hey!" from across the store.

I also ignored anyone who called me ma'am from a distance. I know, I have long hair and it can be confusing if you're a moron and you just get a glimpse of me, but it's the principle that makes me keep walking. I mean, they were clearly talking to some woman, and not me.
    Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth Max View Post
      It's difficult for me to not automatically call customers sir or ma'am (all my customers are of age btw). To me those terms denote professionalism and respect. I've never minded being called ma'am, no matter how young I happened to be at the time, because to my ears it just sounds like the female version of sir (or, as it appears in my head, "Sir!").
      My thoughts exactly. I don't mind being called "Ma'am" because it sounds respectful.

Certainly better than "sweetie", "honey", "cookie", "sugar", "cupcake". I'm a person, not junk food!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth MoxisPilot View Post
        "Gorgeous" (WTF? I'm nearly 200lbs and quite squishy!)
        Hey, gorgeous comes in a variety of colors, sizes and shapes. And beauty stands in the eye of the beholder, anyway. Doesn't mean that wasn't creepy or out of place, though.

Or, strangest of all...

"Sparky".
        Okay, THAT was strange.
        "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

I trained myself to not respond to whistling or people clicking their fingers at me. If they bother to use their mouths I'll normally respond (unless it's plain rude [swearing])
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Or, strangest of all...

"Sparky".
            Someone's been watching Farscape! YAY!!!
            Quoth crazylegs View Post
            I trained myself to not respond to whistling or people clicking their fingers at me. If they bother to use their mouths I'll normally respond (unless it's plain rude [swearing])
            *Barks*
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
              *Barks*
              Down Boy! filler
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth lightmylamb View Post
                I just don't like being called "kiddo", it's kinda creepy.
                I personally think that word should be either outlawed or some sort of penalty imposed upon anyone who utters that at a person who is over 18.

I heard this one at least until I was in my early 30's and it would piss me to no end and it showed in my face. And then the moron who used it would actually have the nerve to get all offended.

I really wish I could have told these jackwads "tough ty said the kitty."
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I've had "Sweetie", "Darl", "hun", "love" (I get this one quite a lot, but part of it can be excused because a couple of our staff are British and address everyone by love), all of whom have come from old men. I had one guy call me "babe" (I wanted to hit him with the energy drink he bought) and another try to hit on me.
                  I am now quoting from I Have Worked In Retail and Thus Lost Faith In Humanity (a group on facebook that I am part of):

Do. Not. Hit. On. Your. Cashier. Period.

Comment

Working...
                  X