"Dude"

"Guy"

"Pal"

"Champ"

"Sport"

"Kid"

"brother"

"bro"

and various other things. If you REALLY want to get my attention a simple "Excuse me" will do just fine.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

For some reason, it disturbs me when I am called boss from a stranger.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I had some kid call me "Teacher" once when I was shelving something at the library and he needed help finding a particular book.

Comment

I do not mind being called Hey. We do not wear name tags at work and if they are first time customers, then it is understandable.
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I just don't like being called "kiddo", it's kinda creepy.

Comment

most of the terms in the OP are diminutives, words used to put someone in a lower place; son, buddy and boy are the most common ones I get. though It can be argued that Sc using our names when we have no reference is a diminutive as well.
            They say crime doesn't pay. That must mean what I'm doing at work is illegal.

Comment

If you are not a sweet little old lady, my name is not Honey, Sweetie, Darling, or Dear.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                If you are not a sweet little old lady, my name is not Honey, Sweetie, Darling, or Dear.
                Those are ESPECIALLY not my name if you are a sleazy 40 year old hitting on me, a 19 year old girl. Nor is it Girly, Chickie, Sweetcake, or any other disgustingly feminine name that you think will get you into my pants. (Hint: it won't)
                This is my sig.

Comment

I am not, I repeat, NOT *needs a frothing at the mouth smiley* "Chief"! There used to be a kiosk outside the store at Chesterfield, a cell phone kiosk... and, for some reason, one Christmas, they decided every time I walked by, my name was from then on 'Chief'... no matter that I never responded to it. Oh, no, didn't stop them...

On the flipside, walking into a Half Price Books I kinda sorta frequent to do some trading, and getting greeted by no less than two workers with, "Hey, Rubi!" flipped my mind into "Oh, shit" mode and I stopped dead in my tracks while I rebooted, then realized, "Oh, wait... I'm a 'regular' now! Joy! Rapture!" *needs a farting rainbows smiley* And then, on top of that, I got a "Have a good day, Rubi honey!" on the way out. After having shared the roommate debacle with the girl working register. So, I left feeling pretty good.
                  "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I have a really bad habit of referring to younger-than-myself males as 'baby'.

I've never known any of them to mind, but I really need to quit it.
                    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

My name is also not a whistle. If you whistle I will ignore you. I have always wanted to run over like a excited dog and pant and jump up and down when they do that.

Comment

I've had "sweetheart", "honey", and "babe". But only a few times.

Comment

I've had sweetheart once from a grandmother age older lady, so I let it slide.
                          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I remember once hearing "Yo! Can I get some carpet?"

I wanted so badly to tell him that my name is NOT "Yo!"

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                            My name is also not a whistle. If you whistle I will ignore you. I have always wanted to run over like a excited dog and pant and jump up and down when they do that.
                            Of course, even "Yo!" was better than being whistled at. And I eventually trained myself not to respond to that either.
                            Sometimes life is altered.
                            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                            Uneasy with confrontation.
                            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Now I feel really sucky... I'll admit, if I'm in a store, and I try to get their attention, it's either "excuse me, can you..." or "hey man, can you..." depending on my mood...

Maybe I should stop...
                              Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Working...
                              X