This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
    It's really frikkin sad when they're rhapsodizing on a Dodge Sprinter, let me tell you.
    Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
    I'm a car guy and I couldn't even tell you what that looks like.
    I wish I still had that innocent lack of knowledge.... Here's the problem

It's a cargo van. Picture a Ford Econoline stretched out about five feet longer, three feet taller, a foot or two wider, and chop off the very front (which looked silly, anyway), and all the interior seats taken out (cargo van only). Put a Mercedes engine in the thing— five cylinders, or maybe six. That's what people keep bugging me about, and I'm like you, only worse. I not only don't care about the vehicle I'm in, I don't care about anything with an internal combustion engine* in it. If you want me to get googly-eyed about something with wheels, it needs to be a geekmobile. Hydrogen engine, electric**, compressed air (not joking)***... I'm interested. Fossil fuels? It gets me from point A to point B, and that's all I care about.

* Though I want to look at the one I heard about running an internal combustion engine by burning hydrogen... that's geeky enough for me.
    ** Though not the Segway. That's a nerdmobile, not a geekmobile.
    *** Though I doubt compressed air vehicles will ever end up on real pavement.

By the way, for the seriously geeky: how's this? Those solar cells, by the way, are on the bottom of the wings as well as the top, to take advantage of the reflections off the tops of the clouds. I got to meet the guy who designed this (well, sit in the same room as him as he talked about that and other NASA-designed doodads).

Comment

OK, I know what they are. They were sold through my local Freightliner dealer, and are a Dodge in badging only. They are actually Freightliner cargo vans from Europe that Dodge imports. Kind of a neat looking van, I guess. Different.
      I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

"Yeah, we're your real customers. To hell with all these asses driving new Chevy's. We're the real deal."
        As opposed to your fake customers who just spend more money with your shop on an annual basis than these guys do.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          As opposed to your fake customers who just spend more money with your shop on an annual basis than these guys do.
          Let's face it, this is SC logic here.

"I am your real customer base! Even though I don't own a new Chevy, or a used one, or even a car I bring in for service, or even a car, because the customer is always right. Even when they're wrong, or not even a customer. Besides, I rode in a Chevy once, and it was a terrible experience! You should give me something free for my pain and suffering. Like a new car.

I could potentially spend $10,000 here tomorrow. I could spend $30,000. I won't, because I don't have $30,000 or even $10,000, but you aren't allowed to act like you know that. It's in the rules! In fact, it's law!

In closing, I'd just like to say, I've gotten terrible service from you so far, even though I haven't given you a chance to open your mouth, I wish to speak to your supervisor... the spineless one please, and I will have your job and the jobs of all your children for generations to come!

Have a nice day.

[/end SC logic]
          Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Working...
          X