Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Well, we're kinda stuck, aren't we ...
Old 04-05-2020, 03:37 AM
Chairman of the Board

Default Well, we're kinda stuck, aren't we ...

I expect to hear a lot more of this in coming weeks.

Mildly Sucky Customer: "So when are you going to get more paper towels?"

Me: "Well, we get truckloads of stuff each night, but we have no control over what's in the trucks. Best thing I can suggest is get here early; we open at 8 a.m. (for the general public)."

MSC: "But I donna wanna stand in line!"

Well, then, I guess you're pretty much fucked.

Yep
Old 04-05-2020, 03:45 AM
Area Manager

Default Yep

There are lots of customers who will come in early and stand in line, if they think they are too special then they will always miss out.

Old 04-05-2020, 05:26 AM
Heavy Metal Admin

Yeah I've been doing my grocery shopping early the last few weeks. As much as I hate getting up early on a Saturday.
Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Old 04-05-2020, 04:55 PM
RVT

I went back to work this past week, as the Dr said I wasn't high risk. I was at my local market at 6:10 Monday morning. I didn't get any of my paper goods, but I got the rest of what I needed. Found strawberries in the egg case due to a severe lack of eggs.

At 8:15 or so, DD#3 and I were at a Target where we DID find tp, kleenex and paper towels. I felt SO victorious as we drove away!

Old 04-05-2020, 04:58 PM
Bookkeeper

Congratulations on the successful hunt!

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Old 04-06-2020, 11:31 AM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
There are lots of customers who will come in early and stand in line, if they think they are too special then they will always miss out.
Yeah, the local grocery outlets have had massive queues before the shops open. Both of the major ones have introduced "priority hours," for the elderly and disabled (they need to show evidence of being on a pension of some sort) and in the case of one of the majors, they've also extended that to healthcare workers (who need to show evidence that they are in fact currently employed in a healthcare environment). the latter has resulted in an alarming amount of bitching due to a combination of fears that said healthcare worker/s could be spreading the virus (no, we aren't) and the entitlement mentality of some of the folks lining up outside the store at 8am (eg "why do THEY get special treatment?" Well maybe because they're the ones keeping your butt alive dumbass :eyeroll. I technically do fall under the category of "healthcare worker," and a couple of my coworkers have suggested I take advantage of it, but I won't because I don't want to be that person who ruins it for everyone. (I also work in administration with minimal patient contact)

For the record, both groups are still subject to the same restrictions as everyone else.

Last edited by LadyofArc; 04-06-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Old 04-09-2020, 05:57 AM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth Pixelated View Post
MSC: "But I donna wanna stand in line!"
"Then either sit on the curb until we open or pay someone to shop for you."

Old 04-11-2020, 04:40 AM
Coffee Flavored Door Hinge!

Supermarkets here in NZ have the right idea lately - due to the massive queues, they have set up a txting system so that when you arrive you send a txt to the stated number with the store's ID code and are added to the queue. This way you get to sit in your comfy car for however long it takes and when it is your turn you just walk up, show your phone with the message (yes, they check the timestamp) and they let you in.

If you don't have your phone with you or you just want to walk around to get some exercise, you just walk up to the front, get your name added to the list and make sure you remain in earshot. If you aren't around when your name is called, T.S.
A boot to the head >_>

Old 04-17-2020, 06:03 AM
Content Slut

Where I live has essentially become Mad Max but with toilet paper. Once that's gone they go for the paper towels.

We also have a massive problem with people from out of town swooping in and just clearing our only two grocery stores and leaving us locals fighting for scraps. We're a small town but we're near a highway so people can just roll in from the city and clear us out. Instead of shopping where they live. It's been a big problem for weeks now. =/

Old 04-17-2020, 01:29 PM
Gun Pimp.

Rush is over here. It's staying on the shelf.
Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. Iím well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.