Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone broke into your house to order a pizza? Yeah, Right.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone broke into your house to order a pizza? Yeah, Right.

So I work at a chain pizza restaurant and I took a call from a man who ordered a fairly large order. I got his name and his phone number. We made the pizza, then an hour passed and he didn't come to pick it up. Here's how it went

ME: Hey this is ______ and I'm calling to let you know your pizza has been done for quite a while.
    SC: What the hell are you talking about? I didn't order no pizza!
    ME: Well it says here that you ordered a pizza over an hour ago from this number.
    SC: Well, I went to the park about an hour ago. Someone must have broken into my house and ordered a pizza!

Yeah, because thats what burglars do. And the SC was totally serious about this alleged pizza-ordering burglar so I just went along with it.

ME: So did you see anyone in your house?
    SC: Well, I did see my neighbor Mrs. Johnson snooping around my house but I don't think she would pull a mean trick like that!
    ME: Well what do you want me to do about your pizza then?
    SC: I am broke. I cannot pay for the pizza. But I can probaly find $5 under my couch somewhere.

So like two weeks later, he comes in and gives us $12 for the pizza.

ME: Thank you so much. Hopefully you'll get your burglar thing all straightened out. (Lol)
    SC: Yeah. So where's my pizza?
    ME: Well, we threw it away the day you ordered it.
    SC: Oh, ok.

I am seriously through with sucky customers... but hey it gives me someone to laugh at

That's a real... Dude kinda thing.
    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth pizzaparlorchick View Post
      So like two weeks later, he comes in and gives us $12 for the pizza.
      Wow! I sure as heck didn't expect to read that.

I would have been tempted to give him a credit for another pizza. Although I suppose you had taken a loss by throwing out the one you had already made.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Oooh, another -a-thon.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Did that clown actually expect you to hold a pizza order for 2 weeks????

Color me confused 'cause that would be one furry, stinky pizza if that had actually happened.

Every time I think humanity can't get any dumber they grab a shovel and start digging. It's a wonder they haven't dug to China by now.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post

Color me confused 'cause that would be one furry, stinky pizza if that had actually happened.
            You don't understand, us folks in the food service industry don't just have heat lamps and refrigerators, we have hi-tech time dilation chambers which allow all food to be held indefinitely as time itself is stopped.

At least, that's what some customers seem to believe. More than once people have called in to ask if we could make them some sundaes ahead of time so they could pick them up later. Look, you really can't store a hot fudge sundae with whipped cream. Not in any way that would allow the whipped cream to still be airy, the fudge to still be hot and the ice cream to not be melted. And when it takes less than a minute to make one, why would you need to call it in anyway? It's less time than the phone call at least.

Comment

Pizza on layaway!

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                Pizza on layaway!

"mom can sure rehydrate a pizza!" A cookie to anyone who can figure out the movie that the quote is from.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                  "mom can sure rehydrate a pizza!" A cookie to anyone who can figure out the movie that the quote is from.
                  I want my cookie please! I believe that is from Back to the Future 2.
                  I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

What he meant to say was probably something along the lines of

SC: Well, I got extremely stoned about an hour ago. Someone must have broken into my house and ordered a pizza!

Comment

Whenever that happened at the pizza place I used to work for, two things happened.

1. Customer was blacklisted from delivery.

2. Staff ate yummy pizza.

My boss was extremely unamused at losing money in this way; didn't matter what excuse they pulled out of their butts, any customer who did this ended up blacklisted from delivery. XD And of course, getting to eat a yummy free pizza is never bad.
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

and that's exactly what we did! lol

Comment

Good on mister SC. Maybe he was sonambulant (sleepwalking)?
                          Would him coming in later, and paying in cash, remove him from any delivery blacklists?
                          "Otherwise you are free to keep putting your hope in leprechauns, horseshoes and unicorn farts."-Gravekeeper

Comment

Idk. he never came back! lol

Comment

Someone must have broken into my house and ordered a pizza!
                              He was a victim of "Breaking & Ordering"

That'll teach him!

::Runs away and hides ...::

This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X