This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth calulu View Post
    ...second prescription for the month (illegal as hell!) because...

...they went swimming in the ocean with their Oxy in their pocket and the seawater melted it.
    Just curious.... but why is it illegal to have two in a month?

What's really sad is, from past experience, I have 8 prescriptions that are still valid for a medication (Imitrex) -- however the pharmacy has lost some of them or something because I'm out of refils on my first placed order (i.e. 7 prescriptions have been "lost" somewhere despite them going from me straight to them, and I mean 7 actual papers, I think they had more than one refill each, so I'm actually out a lot of pills!). Sometimes, people really do lose or have something happen to meds. Although Probably about as many times you've got those trying to score some more -- and those people mess it up for the rest of the world.

Comment

Quoth JLRodgers View Post
      Just curious.... but why is it illegal to have two in a month?
      I can't speak for other places, but here, Oxy is tightly controlled. Our physicians can run a specific report and it will tell each and every controlled drug a person has gotten from a pharmacy, who the prescriber was, how many days' supply, doseage, etc and when they were gotten. That's how we are catching the doctor shoppers and have actually discharged patients from our practice for this particular behavior. It's a huge liability risk to our physicians if they continue to treat those persons.

I've decided today while cleaning the office that I'm not going to let this situation control me. She is coming back in to the office Monday to see her regular doc and I'm sure she will "discuss" this issue with him as well. However, I will refuse to admit that I've given her the wrong medication nor will admit that it was even a possibility with this particular drug she has simply because we don't have it in the office nor have we ever. I would love the opportunity to confront her with her accusations and see where she stands when someone stands up to her. I am one of the few that will readily admit to a supervisor when I've made a mistake. I'll be the first to admit it because that is the only way that you can be assured that it'll be taken care of and that you learn from your mistakes. But this time, I did not mess up. She's mad over another situation that I did have my hand in but was out of my control and I just feel she's determined to find a way to get me in trouble. But it isn't gonna happen!

I just really needed to vent yesterday. Eventually this will all blow over, I hope. Thanks for letting me vent. I hadn't been on here in quite a while.

Luna

Comment

I really did have a bottle of Vicodin stolen once, but I knew better than to even try to get more from the doctor. I just did without.
        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

In my state not only do the doctors have to keep track of how many 'scripts of Oxy their patients are getting they also are required to do an exam for each prescription written. You cannot get an exam and get your prescription and then 3 weeks later call and ask to pick up another prescription. There has to be an examination by a doctor with every written heavy duty narcotics prescription written.
          "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

My guess for the reasoning behind limiting the number of Oxy or Vicodin prescriptions in a month? You're only supposed to take so much. The doctors don't want you getting addicted or having problems, so they try to limit the amounts you get.

Also, if I remember correctly, these kinds of prescriptions are very commonly sold for money and taking them without a prescription or without being under doctor's care can be dangerous. So I'm sure it's a way to try and curb overdoesing / addiction / sale of prescriptions, ect.
            I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

Well, she came in today to see her regular doc. She talked with the office manager and then saw the doc and was still very adament that she'd gotten the sample meds from me. She got so bad at one point while talking to the office manager that the doc told her (the O.M) that if she continued on in this manner at him, he'd just as soon discharge her from the practice.

Time goes on and at some point of around 2 hours after her arrival, we decide she's left the building. My heart quit racing and my nerves settled down. I finished the day out (managed to snag 10 hours today!!). I got home a little later than usual so we grabbed the kids and headed out to dine out. On the way home, my best friend called (remember I told you in the beginning that the doc that saw this woman was married to my BFF). She and her hubby had went out to dinner too, in the next large city over. And guess who should walk up to him as they were eating!!!!!Said crazy patient!! She admitted to him (after calling him by her doc's name) that they figured out where the meds came from and admitted that they weren't from our office!!

I can almost guarantee that she'll never apologize to me over what she's done. However, I really don't want it. The fact that she's admitted (in front of a witness at that) that she didn't get the meds from our office is enough for me. I'll continue to be nice and treat her no different than any other patient. I can only hope she does the same for me.

The really funny thing about her calling the doc by the wrong name is that she has seen the other one for quite some time. Granted, both doc's names start with the same letter, but look nor act anything alike. Her doc is short, blondish red hair and kind of stocky. The doc she saw tonight is tall, about 6'2", dark hair and rather trim. That just confirmed for me that she really is crazy.

Comment

Working...
              X