This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta Have it Now

Hello. Long time lurker and first time poster. I've worked in the restaraunt business for many years and the Customers seem to have gotten dumber by spades. For example where I work we change from breakfast to lunch at a set time and most folks know when that is. Yet they all wait until the very last possible minute to come in and want breakfast then get pissy because they either have to wait for it or it's just flat out too late. I know this isn't one of those side splitters but it still annoys the hell out of me.
    The arches of the Gates of Hell are golden and the Devil wears big red shoes.

Interesting question. Are they getting dumber? Any long timers care to give their 2p on this?

Comment

I can never remember the time breakfast changes to lunch, but I don't get pissy about it.

I used to get out of class at 10:15 and our Burger King would stop serving at 10:30...so I'd have to haul ass across campus. Don't you think breakfast should run longer on a college campus. Most of us don't crawl out of bed until 11 AM, and that's if we have class at 11:15...lol.

Also I point out that scene from Big Daddy. I thought breakfast went till 11 am.

This summer I'm DJ'ing a morning drive so that means I'm finally up early enough to enjoy an Egg McMuffin. Now only if I could make more money DJ'ing so I can quit my crappy service industry job.
      --AmericanZero8503--
      Telling Stories from the Front Line a.k.a Customer Service at a Grocery Store

Comment

From reading the stories on here, I have come to the conclusion that customers have not only gotten dumber, but more violent as well. Sure, I had my share of SCs back in the day, but they did not go to the extreme that they seem to now.
        "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
        ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Does this thread remind anyone else of the Whammyburger scene in "Falling Down", or am I just weird?
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Most people love when breakfast turns to lunch at my Maccas... they can usually get nice mix of food. When I tell customers that both menus are available because it's just gone 10:30am (swap time here), some are so pleased you'd think they won the lottery. It's hilarious.

Plenty of customers at like 7am get pissed that it's breakfast. They try to order a dozen Big Mac/McChicken/etc meals without taking a breath, and while it does amuse me just to stand there staring at them while they talk before telling them "sorry, not until 10:30am!", it's annoying that they can't just take a look at the menu boards. If there's a rule of ordering fast food, this is it: you can only order what you can see on the menu. No Big Mac picture = no Big Mac for you! It's not rocket surgery!
            Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
            Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
            <3 Arrested Development

Comment

I rather doubt that they're getting dumber. I think that as soon as we figure out a counter to the "Stupid Du Jour", they come up with something else that's flat out weirder than we've grown accustomed to dealing with.

It's like the ER full moon myth. There isn't any more/less events on a full moon statisticly, but the ones on the full moon are weirder.

Stabbings with swords instead of knives, kid with matchbox up nose (and father three hours later who figured out how the kid did it...the hard way), things inserted into places that were never meant to have such inserted, people trying "Surgery: A DIY Guide", and other such sillyness.

Mongo
              I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth sarahj
                No Big Mac picture = no Big Mac for you!
                We have a Big Mac nazi.
                Op.125

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire
                  kid with matchbox up nose (and father three hours later who figured out how the kid did it...the hard way),
                  Is there an easy way to get a matchbox up your nose, then?

*goes off to bathroom with matchbox, to practice*
                  A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                  - Dave Barry

Comment

Working...
                  X