This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rescuing Coworkers

Ever absolutely boil when you see a comrade at arms get treated badly by a SC?

I tend to get even madder when it happens to someone else. I am protective of my friends, particularly when they are younger girls. I've always been everyone's "Mom".

We had a girl working at Kinko's who was waaaay too nice a girl to be working in a snake pit like that. She never had an unkind word or anything less than a sunny disposition for anyone.

I used to be in charge of all the color stuff, back before color copies were commonplace. This JERK comes in and wants slides done, and wants to wait on them. My friend is taking his order. Well, usually, I never do slides on a wait, because the machine had a special set up for slides. And I was very, very busy. So she came back and asked me if he could wait, and I said I was really sorry, but the quickest I could do was half an hour. (I fact, that was VERY quick turnaround for slides. He didn't have many, and basically, I was gonna work him in, because I was trying to be nice.)

Well, he turns on her when she told him the turnaround time and cusses her out up one side and down the other. So here she is between this asshole's temper and the simple fact that I was unable to pull what he wanted out of thin air.

Man, I saw red.

Well, you know those Kinko's machines. Always breaking down. I opened up the copier, grabbed a wrench, and started disassembling the guts and laying them out all over the floor.
    "Sorry, D" I called over my shoulder. "Scratch that. Got a problem. Dunno how long this will take. All color orders on a tentative 3 hour turnaround." All anyone could see of me was my ass sticking out of the machine front. "Tell him thee oclock and if it's done any sooner I'll call him."

Guy was pissed, but what could he do? He left. I started putting the machine back together.

D comes over. "What's wrong with the machine?"

I told her "not a damn thing."

Hmm . . . you are devious. Knew I liked you. Nice work!

Comment

That is awesome. The best I've ever been able to do is if someone's reaming out a co-worker, I step up and ask if I can do anything to help. Being a big guy is an advantage, they usually start acting a lot more politely. Those that don't... I ask them to leave. Now. Those that then refuse to leave, I immediately call the highest ranking manager on site, tell them about it, and have them BAN the person for abusing staff.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

One of the girls my age at the craft shop was dealing with a customer I had previously handled (who was PISSED because she had left her reciept in the car and I had the balls to actually MAKE her go out and get the damn thing) oh boo hoo you have to walk an extra 100 steps

She came up and before I even started talking tossed the zip across the counter and demanded a new one... you dont respond to my greeting, you dont make eye contact, the first things out of your lips are complaining about the lines... your getting no special treatment from me lady!

Now usually for exhanges we didnt ask for a reicept but the lady was rude to start with so I decided to play hard ball right back. When she came back in (and pushed through the line) I was busy processing another return, I usually did them because I was on stock every saturday and it freed up the cashiers ALOT. K was the only one free to help her and she wouldnt wait the 5 minutes until I was done with my current customer. So K helped her, she had to come to me for verification and what to fill out and how so it took her just as freaking long!! If she had waited I would have been finished with her in 10 minutes flat waiting time included.... but nooooo

The difference between the zips was 10 cents, 10 measley cents and so K asked if the lady wanted to wait 10 minutes for the return to go through, or just forgive the 10 cents and be finished up now, now K is 17, so her attitude was casual/bordering rude "ya know lady its only 10 cents" (our store made returns take FOREVER on purpose) and the lady started ranting about how much time it was taking and she was running late and blah blah blah

We kept a slush fund of $3 or so dollars just for situations like this so K comes to me saying the lady isnt happy and I say, "just take it out of the slush K its only 10 cents" anyway apprently the lady had become confused and had told K the wrong zip to return so infact she owed US 10 cents

this was discovered until she came STORMING back in 15 minutes later (by this time I was free) and threw and absolute temper tantrum about the mix up. By this stage I was throughly fed up with her and said "maam if you had waited until I was finished, the mix up wouldnt have occured, K does not do returns usually and only made an exception because you said you were in a rush" so we go through the transactions and I fix them and of course she owes us the 10 cents that she should have paid in the first place AND the ten cents from the slush fund. The entire time shes yelling at K, calling her stupid and "no wonder you work in retail, your too stupid for a real job"

Well she went just ape shit on me when I asked her for the slush fund money back "OH I SEE IT DOESNT MATTER WHEN ITS MY TEN CENTS BUT WHEN ITS YOURRRRRS IT DOES." So she was leaning right over the counter to get in my face so I counter putting my nose right up to hers and stay between clenched teeth " It is NOT my ten cents maam, it is the stores ten cents and if you had waited like I asked, this wouldnt have happened, now give me the 20 cents you owe and take your zip. Im not going to forgive 10 cents and lose my job for a customer like you"

she left, I never saw her again, I knew my manager would have backed me up, and I was finishing up at uni anyway so if she had tried to cause trouble she would have been shown a brick wall policy. K was crying by this stage (like I said she was only 17 and fairly new it was her first truely sucky customer) so I sent her to the back room to cool down for a few minutes.

I wanted to shake that lady, holy crap its ten freaking cents.... god forbid!!! You make someone cry over ten cents... what a nasty person you are!
        I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

There was a situation, almost two weeks ago, in the Hardware Store that I work in.

It was fairly early in the morning, and there were just three of us Cashiers on duty. One over at the Return Desk, our most Senior (age wise, and I think employed there wise) Cashier, and myself, the Lead, at the register next to her. She is the sweetest Lady, and is the type that tries to find good in everybody. Why these SC's start screaming at her, I just can't figure out. There's even been times when old farts have yelled and cussed at her.

I had just finished up with a customer, and next thing I hear is this guy ab-so-lute-ly screaming at her! I look over and this idiot has his cell phone glued to his ear. (It was a bit ironic, because just before we opened, this Cashier, some other employess, and myself were upstairs in the break room discussing how rude it was when customers jabber away on their cell phone while at the checkstand.)

I stepped over to the part of the counter that juts out between the two registers. I did this not only as Lead, but also as coworker and friend. I didn't want to blurt anything out and esclate things so, I just observed, figuring I'd step in only if I thought it neccesary.

Apparently the guy was P.O.'d at the price that his keys were rung up at, figuring she had over charged him, and/or wasn't giving him the proper change. As I stood there, I got angrier and angrier. The jerk finally realized she had rung it up correctly, and given him the correct change after she pointed it out to him on the receipt. He had apparently purchased specialty keys that cost more. As he walked away, the Cashier said, "you're excused, sir." He turned around and apologized. It actually sounded sincere, and not sarcastic or condescending, but I was PISSED!

The guy from Electrical had seen the whole thing, because his desk looks out towards the Registers. He comes over, smiling, "you okay? Need to go upstairs and punch a wall?" I asked him later if I was red. I felt kinda flushed, and figured I must be beet red with anger. He said "no, you were just shaking." Anyhoo, after the jerk leaves, and I'm still standing there seething, Electrical Guy says "he apologized, he apologized!" I said "I know, but that's not the point! Number one, he should have politely challenged the price, if he thought it was wrong, rather than scream at her. Number two, he should not have been on that G-D cell phone, and he wouldn't have been distracted, and could have seen the price on the credit card reader screen as it was being rung up, and before it was totaled out, and again politely said something.

He was so effing rude, I didn't think his apology, even seemingly sincere, meant a farking thing!
          Meow.........

Comment

Working...
          X