X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOOBIES!!!!!

No, not really.

But now that I have your attention, it's time for a reminder to all members, new and old.

There has been a massive amount of excessive quoting lately. I'm not even out looking for it; it seems as though every other thread I read has someone quoting the entire post, or the majority of it, and only posting a sentence or two in reply.

I've seen threads with three or more consecutive posts with execessive quoting.

Please, everyone....trim your quotes. It keeps the threads looking neat and prevents people from having to wade through a sea of quoted text to get to the new material.

I've said this on more than one occasion, but a good rule of thumb to follow is that if the quote is longer than your reply, then the quote can be trimmed or even omitted entirely.

It's getting far out of hand, and what's especially irksome is that the people I see doing this are long-time members who should know better by now.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
    No, not really.
    Nooooooooooooo!

*contemplates quoting Dave's post (multiple times), just for spite*

*decides that I would like to keep my account here and skips above idea*
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Would this be the common blue-footed booby or the interwebbed red-faced booby?
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        Would this be the common blue-footed booby or the interwebbed red-faced booby?
        Given the actual topic of the discussion, it'd be the misshapen stretch-marked booby.

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
          ...misshapen stretch-marked booby.
          Insert pregnant pause...

Quote boxen get stretch marks?!?

(Checking my PM for envelope flambe)
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quote BOXEN? Someone's a Brian Regan fan!
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

So, while everybody was busy getting all corny and straining brain cells to come up with puns, did anyone actually READ the post?
              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Apparently not. I just had to trim another quote a little bit ago.
                Sometimes life is altered.
                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                Uneasy with confrontation.
                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

OK I just found yet another, and again it was a long-standing member who really should know better.

This is becoming tiresome. Trimming your quotes is ridiculously simple; failing to do so is discourteous to the entire board. There is no good reason why we should have to be hammering this particular point.
                  "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Bumping this one up as a reminder.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
                    X