Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sightings

Old 05-22-2020, 03:39 AM
Store Manager

I've also encountered a couple housecats that went absolutely wild-aggressive on the 'nip. So much for bringing the feline a housewarming present...

Old 05-25-2020, 08:55 PM
Bagger

Sometimes I look at what dog people are doing 'for their dogs' and I wonder if they really do love their dogs.

An older gentleman used to be an attendant at a nearby parking lot and would occasionally bring his dog with him. He had promised his late wife in the last coherent conversation they had that he would care for the dog as she would have. The dog didn't like being alone, but the man at least had the sense to leave Pooch at home in an air-conditioned house when sitting in a parking lot with no shade would be unpleasant or actually harmful. He admitted he was actually a cat person, but the dog didn't like cats, so that would have to wait.

One of my cats (now gone to Gooshy-Food Heaven) was a mean drunk. After the second time I didn't give her catnip any more. She honestly didn't seem to enjoy it, she just got weird and aggressive.

Old 05-26-2020, 03:16 PM
Store Manager

Quote:
Quoth Pixelated View Post
Their channel is awesome.

Household cats also react differently to 'nip. I had a couple of cats who would spend hours stoned out of their little minds, and others who looked at it like 'Meh' ...

An acquaintance of mine, who lived in a relatively small community, said there was one house not far from here where catnip (somehow) grew wild. She said it looked like a crack house for cats; you'd drive past and there'd be passed-out cats all over the lawn.
Some cats are simply unaffected, I've heard numbers ranging from 10% to 30%, but I'm inclined to lean toward the former. An old boss of mind told a tale of a cat he'd known, who was one of the immunes... and whose owner's back yard contained the neighborhood catnip patch. He became kind of the catty neighborhood by luring the other cats into his catnip patch, waiting for them to get stoned out of their gourd, and then beating the *$&)* out of them...

Old 05-26-2020, 06:48 PM
Heavy Metal Admin

Quote:
Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
Some cats are simply unaffected, I've heard numbers ranging from 10% to 30%, but I'm inclined to lean toward the former.
I had a little orange one who was complete unaffected. But then he was crazy enough without catnip.
Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Old 06-07-2020, 06:35 PM
Insert clever title here

Quote:
Quoth Pixelated View Post
Household cats also react differently to 'nip. I had a couple of cats who would spend hours stoned out of their little minds, and others who looked at it like 'Meh' ...
My two cats, most of the time they're elegant little ladies. Give them fresh catnip, though, and they turn into Cheech and Chong!

Old 06-08-2020, 04:59 AM
The Hero CS Deserves

I know kittens generally aren't affected by catnip (then again, how can you tell?) -- and the adult cats I've had all skip the "going silly" part of the experience and jump straight to the "stoned out of their gourd" phase, especially if they just eat it rather than playing with it. Actually came in handy more than once for vet visits.
“Last night, you were unhinged. You were like some desperate, howling demon. You frightened me. Do it again.” - Morticia Addams

"Sexual intellectuals. They're f@%#ing know-it-alls" - Chuck Yeager
"Good men don't need rules; today is not the day to find out why I have so many." - The Doctor
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself … has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” ~ C. S. Lewis

Old 06-16-2020, 05:23 AM
Cashier

We had a mean drunk once. He was a total asshole after a few sniffs. He went after all the other cats, bit hubs and hissed at me. He spent the night in the drunk tank (bathroom) and woke up totally confused as to why he was locked up. A couple of weeks ago, we tried it again with the same results. After that, he got locked up in the bathroom when we gave catnip to the others cause we didn't think everyone should be deprived because of 1 jerk.

Out of Africa is trying to re-open, but their business plan (like other entertainment venues) depends on crowds. I am starting to worry about what will happen to the critters if it goes under.

At the junction of I17 and H69 is a small commercial area with a couple of gas stations and a McDonalds. As one comes out of the drive-thru, one can see a park with a fenced in dog area. In my opinion, that looks like a better option for allowing dogs to run around unleashed, but what do I know? Letting little dogs and kids run around in a busy fast food franchise parking lot seems to be a much better option to 99% more people than me.