• Show
Clear All

• How do you ask a cashier out?

Saw this on a forum I frequent:
    http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/s...d.php?t=635116

Otaku

How do you ask a cashier out?
    Easy. Don't.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

That's a trick question. The answer is, "You don't."
      "It's not easy being evil in a world that's gone to Hell" ~ Anton LaVey

Comment

I stare right at her chest and say, "Hey baby, how about you and your friends come have a drink with me?"

For some reason, it never works.
        Hmm...more zombies than usual...

Comment

How messed up is it that the first person to point out the creep factor here is named "Sexpuppet6000"?

I guess we can see why these guys are hanging out on an internet forum instead of getting lucky.

Oh....wait....

Comment

Wow just the other night I had three guys come through my line. They bought a soda, 14 flower pots, and two bags of soil(it just struck me as kind of random for 3 early 20's guys). So one of them was looking at the Halloween decorations, saying stuff like "We should have an awesome Hallween party!!" Then he turned to me and asked "If we had a Halloween party would you go?" and I replied "Umm...probably not" He asked me why, and I said "Uh, because I don't know any of you!"
            Not the best place to ask someone out..when they're working. Unless the guy is really hot, seems to have a good personality, and does it in a non-creepy way, it's not gonna happen. And that hot guy with a great personality, won't be asking out girls at their jobs.

Comment

Seeing as I'm a TA - it would be very VERY uncomfortable if someone asked me out while I was at 'work'. Not to mention against University rules.
              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I've had hot girls walk up to me and start flirting with me while I was guarding before...

That's uncomfortable for a lot of reasons. I'm flattered, really, but for one thing if I'm caught looking at you instead of the pool (and in many cases I really did want to), I could be fired, and additionally, I'm bloody well engaged. It's just kinda annoying because this has happened twice in two months, and my thought pattern is: 'where the deuce were you when I could've said yes?'

hehe, I know, I'm a bad person, but oh, well.
                "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

I think the best way (because it worked for me) is to first be a regular customer. Engage in normal conversations with the cashier, and after a few visits, bring up something along the lines of dating. It's kinda like high school. There was a really attractive girl that I liked and wanted to ask out. If I had gone outright and done it, I would have gotten rejected. Instead, I talked to her and became friends, and then asked her out. Success! Remember: a grocery store is not a singles bar.

Olive juice you too.

Comment

When I worked at the "Pit of Hell", I had a customer hit on me disturbingly. He was continually smiling at me and flirting with me. He then says "Do you have any applications?" I told him to ask at the service desk. Then "Mr Lathario" says "I just wanted to be able to work here and see your smiling face every day."
                    CREEPY!
                    I was about 30 seconds away from caling over a male coworker to "bag" for me.
                    "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

very true. just like asking out any stranger... if you normally wouldn't walk up to a total stranger on the street and ask them out... then the same should apply to everyone else you meet, regardless of location.

either that or ask them out when you're going through the line, buying a thousand 20-count boxes of condoms, with a 55-gallon drum of KY, a roll of duct tape and a set of jumper cables.
                      cos... if you're going to get arrested for creeping out the cashier, you might as well go down in style.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                        ...buying a thousand 20-count boxes of condoms...
                        Those would last any normal person, at minimum, a decade.

Except that condoms have a use-by date rather a lot shorter than that.

Comment

Ask if the store sells extra large condoms. Everything from there should be smooth sailing.
                          My favorite response....

Comment

When I worked at the gas station, especially in the spring and summer, lots of guys would be getting gas for their boats, buying beer and smokes up the wazoo, and of course they'd feel the need to invite me along when they checked out. Oh yes, boating with strange drunk men! Sign me up!
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

"I'd ring your till, if you catch my drift..."

Comment

Working...
                              X