Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I have no idea what you're talking about, but this is the strangest thing I've ever seen. And I've seen a dinosaur made of fire."
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

• As the group contemplates what is going on, an alarm sounds. Goldie quickly checks the computer. "Guys, I don't know what is going on here.. but it isn't just here. So far about a dozen dimensions have suddenly went dark. Not a single intelligent life anywhere. Something very odd is going on here. I doubt it is one of deaths avatars or we would be seeing bodies everywhere."
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "Shit. Ma'am, Shem. You're the seasoned agents; what are your orders?"

Comment

• Shem thinks. "There is only one thing I know left to do." She sighs. "We have to reach out to dimension seven seventy seven. If we had a single clue to go on, it would be different, but it is like everybody here just ceased to exist."
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "Okay. So who does the reachin'?"

Comment

• "Well since you have the better investigation skills, you should stay here and see if you see anything we missed. I'll stay with you so you don't go poof. That leaves our diplomats Goldie and Sapputiyok going. Sound good?"

Comment

• Sapputiyok doesn't look convinced. "They were not much help when one of their own died. But if you don't have any better suggestions, I'm willing to try."
                "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Colt noisily sputtered a breath through his lips, then went in search of clues. He started in Strongman's office, leaving no unlocked drawer unrifled, no paper unlifted, no half-empty mug unsniffed. It was beyond over-kill, but he'd cracked a case by doing so in the past.
                  Christina Fairchild, 5' 3" of girl-next-door-turned-sex-goddess-supermodel, had vanished without a trace from her dorm. The case had gone cold as the Arctic after a two-month manhunt. Eight years later, Colt had gotten tossed the case as a bone to gnaw and an FBI joke. He'd discovered a single, half-smudged fingerprint on a page of class notes, and that had led to an arrest. The perp, Fairchild's step-father, led authorities to an abandoned mine, and Christina's remains.
                  Remembering, Colt then checked other offices, and the Nexus.
                  He wasn't the best -- that distinction fell to Columbo, Jim Rockford and Walter Sherman -- no, Colt was just friggin' dogged when it came to finding what needed to be found.

Comment

• Headquarters - Colt

It's not what you find, but what you DON'T find. All signs of any intelligent species that had been in the HQ is totally gone. No fingerprints, no dna of any kind, not so much as a strand of hair (and some of the species that work for this group are quite hairy). It is as if somebody painstakingly went through and scrubbed everything clean, but did not leave any residue of whatever they used to clean. Besides the spills, food out, etc the place is spotless. Whoever or whatever is behind this is very good at what they do. The eeriest is the Core though. A totally barren room, gleaming it is so clean. Not only could you eat food off the floor, you could lap up a drink from the floor if you were so inclined. Which sends your 'This ain't right' sense going crazy. Nobody is this complete. There is always SOMETHING left behind

Headquarters - Sapputiyok

Goldie agrees with you. "They might be near perfect, but their one huge flaw is they do not help outsiders. At all. I think we would be wasting our time."

Shem shrugs "Anybody have any better idea?"

Sapputiyok

Your sight is finally picking up something (as if whatever energy the core had that interfered with it is fading). The energy of the place is .. wrong. Not very wrong .. something like if you had tuned a FM radio station to 99.3 and now suddenly you could only pick up 99.1.. but definitely .. wrong.

Comment

• By the time Colt got to the Core, he was in full-out paranoid sweep-and-clear mode. His heart was hammering, and his adrenaline was through the roof.
                      FINALLY, something clicked.
                      Rushing back to Strongman's office, Colt began digging. He had no idea what it would look like, but he knew he'd know a Emergency Protocol file if he saw it. Such a thing, be it a list of steps, a rulebook, a notepad, a three-ring binder, a bloody list of names and numbers for God's sake, simply HAD to exist!!
                      It had to!
                      It had to.
                      But if it didn't...
                      NO! It's GOT to be here!
                      With panic chewing rabidly at his control, Colt kept digging.

Comment

• Colt

He finds something that would fit that description, but it makes very little sense. It has Strongarm's home dimension number, and a name 'Adam Wright'. It was in a small black book that had 'Emergency Protocol' inside the cover. Other names are listed, but they are smaller. Adam has 5 checks beside it. 'Timothy Wright' is second with four checks beside his name. 'Miathi - Venus' with three checks. Nothing else is in the book.

Comment

• Sapputiyok mutters "I sense... something..." Xe wanders around, opening xer sense as wide as possible, following any trace that could help xer make sense of what xe's noticing."
                          -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Sapputiyok heads back to Goldie and says, "Is there any way we might have gotten turned around? I don't think everyone else is lost. I think we are."
                            Last edited by Ghel; 11-15-2013, 09:05 PM.
                            -Mira Furlan

Comment

• "Yeah, well if that's the case, what's this list here for?" Colt pointed at the list he'd found.

Comment

• Headquarters

Goldie thinks about what you have both said. "The multiverse is huge, yet the chances that both groups got lost and turned up the same place is minimal..unless it was deliberate by somebody. If so we have to assume it was deliberate by Strongarm. It is not like him to leave us in the dark, unless he has no choice in the matter. So perhaps he put the list here as a starting point?"

Comment

Working...
                                X