This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changes ahead at work

*got some major changes coming up at both jobs, just felt like posting about it because I'm hoping that the problems I had last time this sort of stuff came up at work won't happen again*

Church office job - "Pastor George" is being transferred as of this upcoming Sunday, so there's going to be about a week where I'm running the office alone, and then "Pastor Jeanette" takes over in early July. I've met her a few times before, she seems like a good sort to work for/with, but while she's getting settled in, I've got a feeling that I'm going to be the one who's relied on for info/expertise on things. And while I've learned a lot over the past year, there's still much which I don't know about what goes on with the church.

Library job - for various reasons, we've been seeing an increase in customers, this has coincided with staffing shortages in my work area, so getting behind on things has become the norm for us. Unfortunately, this isn't likely to get better anytime soon, as "Annika" is leaving next month, and those in Administration seem quite reluctant to grant permission to fill vacancies. I feel bad for my supervisor, because she's got to make scheduling work with only three people in my work area, and two of us having other jobs to work around.

*an update of sorts, posting as I need to get this off my chest.....was really hoping this sort of thing wouldn't come up just yet*

Without going into great detail......"Agnes" called the church office this morning with questions which I could not answer, I was only able to point her in the general direction of who might have the info she wanted, and I got the feeling she was a bit frustrated with me. I don't think "Agnes" meant to sound like that, but I did want to throttle whomever told her to call the church office and didn't bother to fill me in on anything.

Comment

THE CHURCH KNOWS ALL!!!

bah...miscommunication is the worst for people who work with the public...

Comment

Working...
      X