Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The mall, the mall, the mall is on fire!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The mall, the mall, the mall is on fire!!!

So this is happening right now and I only found out about it because my dad texted me while I was on a work call (sorry if this is the wrong place). This is the IM transcript with my office manager about it:

Jamba: the shopping mall in roseville is on fire apparently.
    Office Manager: yes we know
    Jamba: wtf? do we know why it's on fire?
    OM: LOL
    OM: so some young adult went into game stop this morning and was pissed off
    OM: so he got mean and maybe weapons were shown
    OM: in any case, they evacuated the mall
    OM: and there was a standoff
    OM: while he was in the mall, he set fires
    OM: they thought they got all the fires out
    OM: but CoWorker said there was a backdraft and now the whole thing is up in smoke
    OM: apparently the roof's caved in
    OM: and the area between macy's and nordstrom is fucked

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE???
    A crisis is a problem you can't control. Drama is a problem you can, but won't. - Otter

I may be the only one that catches this, but love the Semi Precious Weapons reference! (Her hair, her hair, her hair is on fire!)...Other than that..wtf kind of stupidity...I don't get it!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I thought it was a variation on the roof, the roof, the roof is on fire.
      There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Comment

Could be that, too. Guess we'll have to let the OP tell us which it was!!
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

But the suspense will kill me!

Comment

Heh.... found a post on CNN about the fire: http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10...andoff/?hpt=T2

EDIT: More info here: http://www.kcra.com/r/25465665/detail.html
            "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

I believe the original phrase is "The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire!" from the song The Roof Is On Fire, by Rock Master Scott and the Dynamic Three. Came out in the eighties.

Probably been used by a million other artists since then.

In fact, we do a version of The Burning of Auchindoun, a traditional, in which we have inserted the phrase "The castle, the castle, the castle's on fire!"

Even the folkies have stolen this phrase.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                Even the folkies have stolen this phrase.
                We will...

We will...

Folk you!
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Yeah, the roof song was running through my head. I guess the suspect might be linked to a fire at a WalMart earlier today. Drove by on the way home and there's still tons of people there. I'm glad no one was hurt at least but I don't know if they'll be able to have everything fixed and running before the holidays. This is going to hurt so many peoples jobs.
                  A crisis is a problem you can't control. Drama is a problem you can, but won't. - Otter

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    We will...

We will...

Folk you!
                    Oh, crap! I have DONE this! :-DDD

Really the possibilities are almost endless, I once yelled something like "Hello Atlantia, are you ready to FOLK??"

And, of course, the obligatory "Folk you's" that get thrown around.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to threadjack. You just dangle an music thing in front of me and I go after it like some people go after shiny things.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Comment

I got an email at work saying they were evacuating our store at that mall but had no idea what happened.. crazy story!

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                        I believe the original phrase is "The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire!" from the song The Roof Is On Fire, by Rock Master Scott and the Dynamic Three. Came out in the eighties.

Probably been used by a million other artists since then.
                        Like the Bloodhound Gang.

Comment

Quoth JambaBamba View Post
                          I don't know if they'll be able to have everything fixed and running before the holidays. This is going to hurt so many peoples jobs.
                          This is what I'm concerned about. I don't know what I'd do; I'm a full-timer. Hopefully they can get jobs elsewhere.
                          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

What the hell is wrong with people lately? This is the second thread I have looked at today where people are setting fires (and not in the fun-to-ban net trolling sense).
                            Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
                            Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

Sounds like you have the same breed of angry kids we have. One got mad he couldn't buy medicine he "needed' (Read: wanted. Need means the doctor would have called it for you) and when he couldn't sucker the walmart pharmacist, he lit the makeup aisle stuff In fire. whole building filled with smoke.

Comment

Working...
                              X