Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The mall, the mall, the mall is on fire!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth JambaBamba View Post
    nordstrom is fucked

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE???
    Seriously! Who burns a nordstroms! All those fashionable clothes...

I think the OP (and hawk...?) lives a couple cities away.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth JambaBamba View Post
      Yeah, the roof song was running through my head.
      The question is of course which one :P For me it's always bloodhound gang (fire water burn), though just about everyone uses that line or samples the original :P

That said, yah, there isn't much that can be done when some one decides to do something this monumentally stupid...

Comment

Quoth thansal View Post
        The question is of course which one :P For me it's always bloodhound gang (fire water burn), though just about everyone uses that line or samples the original :P

That said, yah, there isn't much that can be done when some one decides to do something this monumentally stupid...
        Seriously I don't know...the scene in my head when I think about it is either from a movie or a drunken club crawl ages ago in the Castro (dancing was always more fun at the gay clubs - with no skeezie guys trying to do nasty things to a girl on the dance floor!)
        A crisis is a problem you can't control. Drama is a problem you can, but won't. - Otter

Comment

It's just so amazing what sets people off! I found a guy smashing a video game guitar in our parking lot because he was pissed the game store didn't offer him enough $ on a trade in. Unfortunately for him, pieces of it ended up hitting a woman and he got charged with a couple of crimes
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

well, now i know which of you live in my area ^_^ too bad it had to be because of some mental case (this mornings news said he'd been diagnosed but didn't say with what) glad no one got hurt.

decided to hang out in a friends computer class yesterday on my break and all of us were talking about the mall, one girl came in and asked what was up so we filled her in. she looked us all and deadpanned "well, guess i've got the day off" she workes for that gamestop and had a shift that evening O.O

Comment

Wow. I used to live right around there! lol
              "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
              -Red

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                Seriously! Who burns a nordstroms! All those fashionable clothes...
                Did Nordstrom actually catch on fire? I didn't hear before I left work yesterday and I had today off... thats one of the stores I call a lot.

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
                  Wow. I used to live right around there! lol
                  I wasn't too far away; used to live in Chico. I've shopped at that mall.

Story popped up on CNN shortly after the OP. Kewl.
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth hawkchick11 View Post
                    Did Nordstrom actually catch on fire? I didn't hear before I left work yesterday and I had today off... thats one of the stores I call a lot.
                    The girls in my salon said it might have gone up with Macy's. I assume the whole mall is going to be shut down though.

edit: although if its not, can you imagine the stories posted on here? People wandering about the burnt down Macy's complaining about how no one is helping them and god I remember when customer service was good... blah blah blah

\/ I was trying to figure out how to add in the "I want a discount" angle. Thanks.
                    Last edited by Whiskey; 10-23-2010, 03:00 AM.
                    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post

edit: although if its not, can you imagine the stories posted on here? People wandering about the burnt down Macy's complaining about how no one is helping them and god I remember when customer service was good... blah blah blah
                      And fishing for discounts on burned-up rags that once were clothing.

Even if that wasn't directly where the fire was smoke and water may have ruined everything anyway. That's what happened at the swamp many years ago when the mall it was attached to burned down. Mall was gutted, swamp was protected by a fire door, but still stuff got smoke and water-damaged.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                        We will...

We will...

Folk you!
                        Waving your banner all over the place. .

Anyhow..sadly nothing really new. People have some serious mental issues sometimes. How many shootings, etc have we heard of in malls/schools etc.
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

LOL, a friend posted this news story on Facebook yesterday and made the joke that he had been wondering what the old manager of our Gamestop had been up to...and that he needs to lay off the caffeine.

That's crazy that it was the store near you!

Comment

I read stories like this-- some overgrown man-child with anger management (and maybe drug?) problems losing his shit and setting a goddamn mall on fire-- and I weep for humanity, because stories about rage problems seem to be on the rise.

That, coupled with the winter we just had, makes me worry that Ragnarok is on the way.
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I guess I stand corrected. I feel foolish now. Also...what the actual f*ck was that guy thinking? Wow! The worst the mall by me has gone through is flooding due to a water main break, thank gawd!
                              "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

And to put the suck cherry on top, all of the news outlets are going to tie this in with gaming making people violent.

^-.-^
                                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                                X