Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So He's Bad and you Give him a candy??

When I was at a super market me and my mom went into the line. Their were a couple people before us so we just waited patiently. The person with a cart that was starting to ring things up. Unfortunately with the cart there it made it hard to get by.

But it didn't get bad until they needed to get the fruit snacks away from the young boy who preceded to throw a fit. She argued with the kid and told him to scan it which the kid then leaned dangerous over the edge, before retreating and throwing a bigger fit.

During the whole time there was a grandmother who just watched and only took the kid out after he chucked the fruit snacks up front. What I don't get it when the lady who helped with the self service cash registers, picked up the fruit snacks and asked the woman if she still wanted to buy them and she said Yes

Your kid throws a huge fit and then you reward him for it with candy? And For the Grandmother, you could have taken the kid earlier when he started to get anger instead of waiting a good ten minutes into the fit.

These are the people who reward their kids for bad behavior and wonder why the kids attitude never changes and he or she will always pick a fit to get what they want.

I don't know, you didn't see them give him candy, did you? Maybe they had other kids at home that they were buying them for. Or maybe they were buying them for themselves. Just a thought.
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Hopefully the candy was for a later treat (say, when the kid was behaving) or even for someone else. I get so frustrated when bad behavior goes rewarded...

Comment

It was the kids unfortunately as She was telling him to put his treat onto the scanner. I didn't see them in the parking lot so hopefully she made it a treat if he behaved

Comment

oh hell to the no. i hate it sooooo much when parents pull that shit. i had to deal with it all the time when i worked at the cookie store.
          The Boy and i have custody of The Kid for a couple of weeks and boy howdy...her mom lets her get away with that kind of stuff all the time. i don't have to actually see it to see the results. i love The Kid to death and back, but omg...she can be a total turd some times. we're fighting for full custody and when we get it...that stuff's going to stop. i have no issue putting candy back on the shelf in front of her saying "no way, kid. you're being a brat, so you aren't getting this."
          ugh. roar. jeeze.
          ...ugh!
          If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
          ^_^

Comment

Hopefully they were saving the candy for later, though I don't have enough faith in humanity to really believe that. I know a woman with a child from hell! She always concedes to her kid rather than disciplining her, and then complains how she's always misbehaving. In fact, if your story was about a little girl instead of a little boy, I would have thought I knew them!
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
              i have no issue putting candy back on the shelf in front of her saying "no way, kid. you're being a brat, so you aren't getting this."
              Hopefully you don't have this guys kid.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                If she had that guy's kid, he wouldn't be that guy's kid.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  Excellent advert. I don't think anyone can argue that the gentleman involved should have purchased the advertised product!
                  "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

ya. if that had been me throwing it, the treat would have been put back.
                    and mom would have made it clear as to why i was losing the treat.

Comment

My boy started to get the tantrum stage, but it didn't last long. If he started throwing one I used to just ignore him and carry on with what I was doing. If there was another adult with me I'd just go on having a conversation as if nothing was happening.
                      When it dawned on him that the tantrum wasn't working, he would stop - then of course he would come to me wanting a cuddle (i.e., I know I've been a pain but you do still love me, right?)
                      I would ask "Are you a good boy now?" and after the little nod of the head, I'd give him a cuddle and off we'd go. After a few times he realised that (a) I never gave into tantrums, and (b) he got my attention with good behaviour, not bad.
                      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

It's the same with my parents. If me or my siblings pitched a fit over candy or a toy or whatever. We didn't get it, plain and simple. If We had it at the check out my parents would put it back and tell us we obviously didn't want it is we were throwing a fit.

And a little detail that my mom reminded me of. When he started to freak out and someone commented on it, the woman said "He's just having a tamtrum" and she obviously didn't do anything about it. I'm just happy the other people waiting in line seemed to understand why we couldn't move and were very patient. Then again a little cart on cart action to get to the check out on the opposite side of her would have more then likely made the situation worse.

Comment

Sounds like my neighbor. Both her kids are brats, and she's always either swearing at them or stuffing candy in their mouths to shut them up. Or both.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                          X