This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I was told that my access card can be used at any garage"

My co-worker told me this incident which happened yesterday during her shift. We both work as contract Visitor parking attendants at a university.

Guy drives up to the Visitor parking booth window. Here is what happened.

guy: "I was told that my access card can be used at any garage at this campus."
    co-worker: "Have you been to this campus before?"
    guy: "No"
    co-worker: "Well...all I know is that you have to have a faculty/staff parking permit & a faculty/staff access card to park in that garage *points to the faculty/staff parking garage* & that you need a token to exit Visitor parking, & a token is $5.00."
    guy: "Well...I was told that my access card will work at any garage at this campus."
    co-worker: "I'm sorry, but I do not know of any access card that will work at any garage at this campus."
    guy: "So where can I park at?"
    co-worker: "You can try to park at the faculty/staff garage, but I do not know if they will let you park in there with your access card."

She raises the gate for the guy to pull up to the faculty/staff garage, which is adjacent to the Visitor parking garage. The guy drives up to the entrance gate. She watches to see what happens. He presses the call button on the call box, & he speaks to someone, either campus police or the Parking office. He was denied access.

He drives up to the Visitor parking booth again. Here is what happened.

guy: "They will not let me park in that garage."
    co-worker: "Well..it is $5.00 to park in Visitor parking."
    guy: "Ok...where do I pay for my parking?"
    co-worker: "You pay at the Parking office on the 3rd floor."
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 12-15-2010, 10:39 PM.

At least he was reasonable about it.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
    X