Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've fired a M-16 both single shot and 3 shot burst. Even managed to hit 40 out of 40 moving targets. Night fire was fun (tracer bullets rock). Also fired a .357, Only 2 weapons I've ever fired. Not sure I would like an Uzi.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      Not as weird as you might think. After all, the M-16 has been referred to as "the infantryman's teddy bear".
      Sometimes I miss the Army and cuddling with my M-16 rifle. The long days and nights , through the rain and snow she was always with me. *sigh* Then I remember the blistering hot days, the bitter cold winters, and the bloody rain storms that I had to be out in. I then slap the voice in my head and tell it to be quiet.

http://terminallance.com/2015/10/20/...eas-nostalgia/
      I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Well it got fixed and he came back and he loved it squeezed it and called it George.
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

That Uzi's a floozy. She's been cuddled by many, many men before him, and will be cuddled by many after him.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
            That Uzi's a floozy. She's been cuddled by many, many men before him, and will be cuddled by many after him.
            You assume it's a female? I assume the opposite, what's the male equivalent of floozy?
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
              You assume it's a female? I assume the opposite, what's the male equivalent of floozy?
              What is a Gigolo?
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                So, it's like an automatic version of a Teddy Glock?
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                  So does this make me a gun pimp?
                  AkaiKitsune
                  Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
                    So does this make me a gun pimp?
                    If you gotta ask....... well............
                    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Why am I getting a Full Metal Jacket reference in my head? Sgt. Hartman tells the privates to take care of their rifles because that's the only py they're going to get for a while.
                      This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
                        ... tells the privates to take care of their rifles ...
                        ... and I have an image of a 155mm howitzer NCO telling all the 22 shorts to take care of their privates...
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                          Ever heard the song "She's no lady but I love her"?
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

LOL it broke again this weekend. I had to tell someone no UZI for you again. This guy was cool with it though.
                            AkaiKitsune

Comment

If you read the with the soup Nazi voice in your head you would be right.
                              Ironic term to be using considering the Uzi's country of origin.

Yes it is bad, well it went full auto, the sear most likely had a issue the smith has to look at it, yes it's very bad safety wise and the gov frowns on it.
                              Considering the Uzi (at least the non-crippled version) has a full-auto mode, did this malfunction fall under "goes full-auto when selector is set to semi-auto" (interruptor not "kicking out"), or "even if you release the trigger, it keeps shooting until it's empty" (sear not stopping the action)? I'd imagine that the Uzi (fixed firing pin "open bolt", sear has to stop the breechblock from closing) would be somewhat harder on the sear than an M-16 ("closed bolt", sear has to stop the firing pin from traveling forward).

For those not familiar with the terms, click on the link.

LOL it broke again this weekend. I had to tell someone no UZI for you again. This guy was cool with it though.
                              Same problem, or a different one? Of course, this is where an elderly Redneck would say something along the lines of "Back in my day, we used quality American guns like the Thompson, none of this cheap foreign crap that keeps breaking down".
                              Last edited by wolfie; 12-30-2015, 04:33 AM. Reason: Added link to a page with a detailed explanation of the term, removed my (now redundant) explanaton.
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

The Uzi had to be female for the 'floozy' rhyme to work.
                                Seshat's self-help guide:
                                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                                X