This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
    I was referring to the supermarket. Typically the cheap bread is crap. The bread you're referring to is clearly an exception.
    The generic double loaf bread from the store I used to go to was less then $3 for two loaves. It was pretty good, actually.

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
    When doing tech support for cell phone customers, I often ask what kind of phone they have, frequently the response I get, said usually in the "Are you stupid?" tone, is: "It's a cell phone"
    Ah, I can see the problem right there. You were asking what kind of phone, to which the answer cell phone is actually correct. The proper question was what brand and or model of phone they had.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I get a ton of stupid questions at TB but by far my 2 faves of lately have to be:

(customer in drive thru)
      Uh yeah.....Do you sell burritos?
      Me: Um...I'm sorry....What?

And...

(Another drive thru Einstein)
      Me: Hi, Can I help you?
      SC: Yeah yeah....just a sec.
      (I hear her talking to another person in the car)
      SC: Um excuse me?
      Me: Yes can I help you?
      SC: When did you start selling tacos?
      Me: I'm sorry?
      SC: Well where are your burgers?
      Me: ????
      (I hear her talking to the person in her car)
      SC: Nevermind I'm going to *burger place with little girl w/ pigtails*
      Me: Have a nice night

The only thing we could figure out was that she thought she was at the *golden arches* which is actually behind us.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        I wouldn't even say that. I know it might come as a surprise to some, but I've gotten some really good real bread at Wally World. Particularly the small size ciabatta loaves. They've got a lot of really good bread there that's under $3. By the way, it costs me less than $3 to make, from scratch, a loaf of bread myself. Does that mean that mine is crap, too?
        Uh, no.

And I was referring to store bought full size loaves.

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        The generic double loaf bread from the store I used to go to was less then $3 for two loaves. It was pretty good, actually.
        You guys are jumping all over this for some reason. In my experience, cheap bread is not as good as more expensive bread. That is all.
        I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
          When doing tech support for cell phone customers, I often ask what kind of phone they have, frequently the response I get, said usually in the "Are you stupid?" tone, is: "It's a cell phone"
          LOL
          This reminded me of something that happened to one of my co-workers. Guy rings up asking if we sell mobile phone batteries. He says we have some, but not many, and asked what type of battery he needed.
          "hang on, i'll check"
          *BEEEP*
          A couple of minutes later he rings up again.
          "uhm, somehow we got disconnected"
          to which my co-worker (who was very short on tact) replied
          "haha yeah, you pulled the battery out of your phone"
          "no i didn't"

Comment

I work in a shoe store:

"Is an extra-wide WIDER than a wide?"

Comment

Quoth Beisbolica View Post
              I work in a shoe store:

"Is an extra-wide WIDER than a wide?"

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I stopped in to Petco to visit a friend who works there, and we had this woman in her mid-thrities come up and ask us "Where are the meeses?"

We looked at each other for a minute and went "The what?"

"The meeses! Where's the meeses?"

My friend goes "The mice? You mean the mice? The mice are over there..."

"Yeah! Yeah! The meeses!"

I also overheard a guy at DD asking why his iced coffee was cold...

Comment

In the end, it turned out not to be my user, thank god. The level 1 folks botched the contact information as usual, and when I eventually did get my user, I asked about the phone number, and it didn't match any phone they'd ever had.
                  that happened to me with my hp desktop once. the first clue was when they didn't ask me how to spell my last name (long and Polish). when i actually got to the English speaking tech, everything was f*ed up... my name, address, serial. i mean seriously, I think the out-source call-taker just dropped a cat on the keyboard and had it type out my information. O_o

one of my favorites...
                  "I know the network's down but is there any way to get my computer to connect?"
                  O_o .... sure, run a cable to the satellite?

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
                    "The meeses! Where's the meeses?"
                    Reminds me of a silly quote, can't remember where from (other than a TV show, I think) "Let's tear these meeses to pieces."

But "meeses" doesn't even make sense logically. Mouse, house. Houses, Mouses. Goose, Moose. Geese, Meese. So she was asking for a moose, you see, not a mouse.
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth traylk View Post
                      I get a ton of stupid questions at TB but by far my 2 faves of lately have to be:

(customer in drive thru)
                      Uh yeah.....Do you sell burritos?
                      Me: Um...I'm sorry....What?
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Not at work, but on the way to, when I used to catch a bus to work...

I'm standing there one day, waiting for said bus. Group of teenagers come up to bus stop... After about 5 minutes, a girl asks me "are you waiting for the 333?" (There's only one bus route on this road.)
                        "Yep"
                        "Has it been yet?"

I don't even remember how I answered. I remember being completely amazed at the question though.

And not so much as a stupid question, but a WTF moment... Having spent over an hour on the phone to a customer, trying to get them to type their email address in to a modem, and them typing it incorrectly, so can't connect... And around and around and around we go. And then the woman suddenly says "oh, I see where I went wrong! I left the C out of Hotmail"*

Stop! No! Wait... What?

People at work are STILL laughing over that.

*No, our email address is not hotmail. But despite it NOT being hotmail, there's also no C in our name. Nor could you conceivably spell it with a C.

Comment

Working...
                        X