• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first off pen stories... fun kind of want more
    Secodn off topic Morrigan i love your avatar

Comment

Quoth justZu View Post
      My omelettes always end up as scrambled-eggs-with-things-embedded-in-it. I can never get it to turn out like a nice pretty omelette. It tastes good though, so I don't really care.
      I love omelets, so I learned how to make them in high school. It's not that hard, once you learn how to do it. Here's what I do. First, you will need the following:

1 Nonstick Skillet, 8-10 inches
      1 Bowl to mix eggs
      1 whisk
      1 plastic or rubber (heat resistant) spatula
      1 knife to chop meat/veggies
      1 cheese grater (optional if you get pre-shredded cheese)

For each omelet, I use the following:

2 XL Eggs
      ~3/4c shredded cheddar cheese, sharp (substitute as needed)
      Pre-cooked Hamsteak cut into 1cm cubes (roughly 4cm x 4cm worth)

Instructions:

-Preheat the skillet while preparing the ingredients. Set to low-medium heat for preheat.
      -Grate cheese, chop ham, etc.
      -Mix eggs with whisk. Do not stop until the resulting mixture is uniform.
      -Set heat to medium-high, pour in eggs. Tilt skillet until you have a roughly equal circle. As you see the egg harden, work spatula gently between eggs and skillet.
      -This happens fast. While the egg in the center of the skillet is still a little runny, sprinkle in cheese, ham, et. al. Spread evenly.
      -Work spatula between the eggs and skillet until it slides around in the skillet.
      -If you feel like breaking a few omelets, practice flipping. Otherwise, get your plate ready as the cheese melts. Slide the omelet into the plate. As the omelet is still halfway in the skillet and half on the plate, fold it by moving the skillet over the omelet. When folded, press down with the bottom of the skillet for a brief moment.
      -Serve.
      -Enjoy.

Hope this helps. Each omelet should take perhaps five minutes to make from start to finish once you get practiced with it.
      Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.

SG-14: Moving forward because everything behind is rigged to blow.

Comment

that's scary....

when i bought groceries today. There was a click pen... i had to click it to get it to open.... then i clicked it again to close

oh noes!!!!! they may not know how to open it!!!

(dunno how long this gif will last since i'm hotlinking....)

Comment

I almost fell out of my chair with that one.
          My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

I carry a Cross Ion pen in my pocket because it's small, writes well and fits in my pocket. When folks ask to borrow a pen I'll whip it out and then amuse myself by watching them try to open it. It doesn't have a cap and it doesn't click, you grab either end and pull and this motion causes the nib to appear from the end with the hole.

It also amusing to watch people try to close a Kershaw Ken Onion pocket knife. They're lock blades but instead of using a spring lock they use a liner lock. Oh a bit of advise if you are carrying a Kershaw Ken Onion series knife with opening assist that has a safety on it, use it, it could save you a trip to the doctor for stitches, I had to learn from experience.
            Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
              Not me.

One of the first things I learned how to make was pot roast.

I still have never even attempted to make an omelette.
              Add me into the "Not Me" Club . . . my mom never made omlettes.

First thing I learned how to cook was Kraft Mac & Cheese.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                Not me.

I still have never even attempted to make an omelette.
                Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                Add me into the "Not Me" Club . . . my mom never made omlettes.
                I'm part of the "Not Me" Club, too. I'm sure I could if I wanted to. It's just more of a "that's something that my dad makes for Sunday brunch" thing. So, it's more of a special dish whenever my 'rents are here or I go home for a visit.

I honestly can't say what I learned to make first. It's been so long.

But not knowing that an omelette is, basically, eggs???!!
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth monolayth View Post
                  but how else am i to laugh at them?
                  You should invest in more complicated pens .... maybe the kind with a cap on the end that you twist ....

Then sit back and watch the hilarity....
                  This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth justZu View Post
                    My omelettes always end up as scrambled-eggs-with-things-embedded-in-it. I can never get it to turn out like a nice pretty omelette. It tastes good though, so I don't really care.
                    This is the way I prefer mine. I think they may be called "fritattas" this way, but mine also tend to resemble a cross with a souffle, also. Once I get everything cooking, I cover the pan and let it go over medium heat till done, then turn it out upside down onto a plate and slice it like a quiche without a crust.
                    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Personally I don't like stuff in my eggs. I like scrambled eggs with salt and pepper and a splash of milk, cook 'em well done and eat between a well-buttered English muffin or whole wheat toast. Yum.

Probably the first things I learned to make were soup and grilled cheese.
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
                        I carry a Cross Ion pen in my pocket because it's small, writes well and fits in my pocket. When folks ask to borrow a pen I'll whip it out and then amuse myself by watching them try to open it. It doesn't have a cap and it doesn't click, you grab either end and pull and this motion causes the nib to appear from the end with the hole.
                        I wonder if that's who made the pen that my mom just gave me. It looks like it should have a cap, but the ballpoint/nib is not visible. It didn't click. I tried twisting it; it came apart. At least that confirmed that it's a pen & not a 'pen-shaped object' or former pen. I finally tried to 'pull it apart' and that caused the pen point to show. Very cool & very unusual (in my experience.)
                        I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Quoth justZu View Post
                          I'm coming to your house for breakfast.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Shadowwalker View Post
                            Whenever I give people pens to sign their names for credit purchases I always make sure the cap is off the pen or the pen is clicked for them. I mean doing this just avoids any hassle.
                            I work in the cashier booth for a parking lot. Our credit card slips are on thermal paper. Friday evening I had a gentleman who clicked the pen that already had the tip out and he signed the sheet with just the warm metal part at the end of the pen shaft. Didn't get any ink but it was warm enough to leave a heat traced signature on the slip (kind of looked like he had signed with a pencil).

Thinking about this now I wish I could have saved this to show the silly customers the keep asking "Aren't you freezing in there?"
                            Meeeeoooow.....
                            Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                              First thing I learned how to cook was Kraft Mac & Cheese.
                              I think the first thing I properly learned how to cook was... spaghetti? Or Tater Tot Casserole. Both quite tasty. And both somewhat involved.
                              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth justZu View Post
                                Quoth Primer View Post
                                This is the way I prefer mine. I think they may be called "fritattas" this way, but mine also tend to resemble a cross with a souffle, also. Once I get everything cooking, I cover the pan and let it go over medium heat till done, then turn it out upside down onto a plate and slice it like a quiche without a crust.
                                I think what it's called when everything mixed in varies by region... I've always heard them called "scrambles"... and I too prefer it that way to the traditional omellete.

damn all this talk of eggs and I just realized I don't have any in the house
                                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                                X