Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help!!! I am married to an SC (long rant)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth princess4life View Post
    He has always been somewhat of an entitlement whore. He was put on meds that suppress his immune system so he can't go out in public due to germs. He has been on the meds for a year and recently he had decided that because he is sick he should have everything the way he wants it.
    I was going to comment, but...

Quoth Shards View Post
    ...I mean, for most people, there's an out/escape whenever they get really stressed. They run/bike/drive away from whatever is stressing them out, and then they calm down and deal with things. If your husband is basically incapable of leaving the house[...] that's an equation for getting stressed out of your mind and any less-than-desirable traits you have being amplified.
    Quoth Boozy View Post
    Being housebound can change people, too. [...]Its a side effect of being utterly dependent on other people. He feels powerless, so he overreacts to small things.
    That pretty much sums up what I was thinking. Try to be understanding, but make sure to occasionally let him know when he's getting out of control, just a gentle kick in the pants.

Quoth Primer View Post
    You could leave the house for a little bit, spend some time at a park, come back and say the store could not do anything without a receipt--not completely a lie...
    I really don't think this is a terrible idea...it's a white lie, that makes him happy-ish, but without causing any harm on innocent workers. Or, if he's insistent, you could tell him to call the store back and let them know what the issue was - then smack him on the arm each time he gets nasty.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth Alpha Strike View Post
      The husband was simply pointing out that not disputing a potential mistake means the TERRORISTS win.

*stands up and salutes*
      Whether it's a $.49 taco or a $.99 double cheeseburger, a pimply teen in California or an acne-ridden emo in GA, from the halls of Taco Bell to the shores of Burger King, we must never lay down and we must never surrender! No Taxation without entitlementzation! USA! USA! USA!

- This message brought to you by the "Customers Suck!" division of the Homeland Security Department

Alpha, I think you just identified the thought process of nearly every SC in existence.

And princess, my condolences (sp?) on the mood change with your husband. I'm curious though; if you post here, and he's an SC, are you technically sleeping with the enemy? This could be the key we need to uncovering the secrets of the SC!
      Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
      --Unknown

Comment

im usually forgiving of resturants if they forget to put something in, i normally call them and let them know and they will take my name and give it to me the next time im in. (im a pretty regular customer most places i go)

however, there is one thing that will make me flash with anger

catchup

i will go back to the resturant and demand the sandwitch be corrected. i do not know why i catchup angers me so, but it does.

the local mcdonalds had felt my wrath.

1st time,

i would like to have 6 .25cent cheese burgers 2 with out catch up please
        im sorry but we will have to charge you full price for those sandwtiches
        why
        because we only have the 25 cent hamburgers in cheese or plain no substitutions
        well thats not really fair to someone who is allergic to pickles, onions, or mustard and catchup, i am allergic to catchup, so you mean to tell me that because i have a food alergy you are going to punish me because i have to have a special sandwitch *not i am not really alergic to the stuff but it will make me vomit uncontorllably at the thought of it.
        im sorry but those are the limitations
        i dont think its fair, fine ill pay for them since i have no other choice.

i get up to the window,
        that will be 2.00 (or so with tax)
        i thought you were gonna charge me full price for those 2 burgers
        well the manager thought about it and thinks you are right so we are going to repeal the limitations on the offer.
        wow thank you that is great.

i did go to this mcdonalds on a very regular basis so the manager kind of knew i would do something like example #2

i would like to have a double cheese burger with out catchup please
        ok thank you please drive through

i get to where i am going, with all the food i ordered, and smell catchup on my burger, they were normally good about not putting it there but i guess there was some guy who didnt see it on the ticket

i go back to the store and go in side as they are locking the doors for the evening (most resturants out here will close the dining room at 10pm but keep the drive thu open)

excuse me there is catchup on my burger, are you trying to kill me here.
        the same manager from before
        im sorry about that, im sure it was just an oversite on the cooks part.
        well im sorry but if i had eaten this burger i might have had a fit by now, (as i mentioned i am not allergic to catchup)

he gives me a new burger and fries since the ones i had were cold now i thank him as i leave and i hear him say to his workers

do not ever put catchup on her burger ever ever ever again.

the local dennys sits me out side cause i will bus other peoples tables to get away from the smell, i do wait till they are done but im sure that the other customers do not appriciate me walking by, saying, are you done with that let me take that to the kitchen for you. the guys at dennys do like me and the group that i go in with on a regular basis, its become a running joke between them all, i guess when im not there my friends brake the catchup bottles out and leave them all over the table. as the waiters laugh.
        "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Oh my. I really feel for you...I was married to an SC. And the thing about my ex was that he was an SC - but would attempt to put me up to all his dirty work. If he didn't like something, he would tell me that I'd have to take care of it.

It would really piss me off when I would have to take care of something over the phone. He would be mad about a bill and ask me to call and take care of it while he was standing right there. Then, during the ENTIRE conversation he would bark questions at me to ask them...I could never hear what the person on the other end was saying. He only did this a couple times before I started shoving the phone at him to take over. I'd say, "Here, you want to ask questions, YOU talk!" He wasn't happy...but c'mon - do it yourself.

The thing he would always say when he made me do his dirty work (and this would piss me off to no end) "I want you to do these things so that you can learn to be responsible"

And he wondered why I divorced him!
          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I can think of a lot of adjectives for your husband. Lets just say that "nice guy" is not one of them. What a douchenozzle!
            I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

He sounds like my dad at times. Not all the time, just here and there.
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

To give him some credit, I know I become really sucky when I'm sick (whatever I did to my rib on saturday, see off topic, is doing it now) I become really sucky... yesterday I filed 12 barrier to service forms against hotels in a 6 hour shift (my previous record was 8 in an 8 hour shift)... so yeah, I was in pain yesterday and I figured my coworkers at the hotel should shair in that pain (in fairness though, at least 6 of those barrier forms i would have filled out whether or not I felt bad).
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                  Oh my. I really feel for you...I was married to an SC. And the thing about my ex was that he was an SC - but would attempt to put me up to all his dirty work. If he didn't like something, he would tell me that I'd have to take care of it.

It would really piss me off when I would have to take care of something over the phone. He would be mad about a bill and ask me to call and take care of it while he was standing right there. Then, during the ENTIRE conversation he would bark questions at me to ask them...I could never hear what the person on the other end was saying. He only did this a couple times before I started shoving the phone at him to take over. I'd say, "Here, you want to ask questions, YOU talk!" He wasn't happy...but c'mon - do it yourself.

The thing he would always say when he made me do his dirty work (and this would piss me off to no end) "I want you to do these things so that you can learn to be responsible"

My husband has tried to get me to make phone calls about things he wants to complain about like the phone bill as 20 cents higher this month then it was last month. When I won't do it he will get mad and tell me he told me to call, he will also try to script what I say (all sucky) I still wont do it.

I pointed out his suppressed immune system does not bar him from making phone calls, and if it is that big of a deal he can make the phone call he is home all day. There are a few things he has called on and I REALLY feel sorry for the agent on the phone he talks to. If I looked hard enough there are probably stories about him all over this page.

I do know that him being sick does make him pickier since he is stuck at home all day with 2 out of 3 kids while I work 2 jobs, I try to be patient. And I have done like suggested like I'll tell him I made the phone call he wanted and there was nothing they could do, or go for a drive maybe re-order the missing item and then come back.

Last night he wanted me to call the power company and play the "mu husband is sick" card so I could skipping paying them this month and instead buy a new hard drive for his computer Things like that don't fly with me.

Comment

You might rent Misery and see if that doesn't give him a little something to think about.
                    He better HOPE you don't start dealing out what is right and fair. Cuz he sounds like he's really working up to a date with Mr. Woodchipper.

Comment

Last night he wanted me to call the power company and play the "mu husband is sick" card so I could skipping paying them this month and instead buy a new hard drive for his computer Things like that don't fly with me.
                      OOOO...that would get under my skin. It's okay for him to rip someone off for a bill that I'm sure is more than 49 cents...but not okay for him to believe someone is ripping him off for any amounth of money...

I feel for you...i really do. Is your husband a virgo?
                      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I feel for you...i really do. Is your husband a virgo?

No he's a Gemini A.K.A split personalities

Comment

I'm glad you did the responsible thing and divorced him!

Princess, have you considered some sort of therapy? Maybe couples' therapy or someone who's worked with housebond patients before? It sounds like your husband doesn't know any healthy ways to express his frustration, so he turns on the innocent bystanders.
                          "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

No he's a Gemini A.K.A split personalities
                            I'm a Gemini! So much for my theory!

Comment

Quoth Sylvia727 View Post
                              Princess, have you considered some sort of therapy? Maybe couples' therapy or someone who's worked with housebond patients before? It sounds like your husband doesn't know any healthy ways to express his frustration, so he turns on the innocent bystanders.
                              That's an excellent suggestion. Also, talk to carer support groups, and carer support therapists.

Neither role - carer or patient - is any fun.
                              Seshat's self-help guide:
                              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I don't know what to do lately he has become a total SC and he expects me to be the messenger because he is sick and can not leave the house.
                                I can sympathize with you. My mother is an SC. She refuses to tip in most instances. She'll tip at a restuarant, but never more than 15% and she'll tip the delivery drivers, but never more than three dollars and I had to battle to get her to raise that from $2.

She stiffs her hairdresser, paperguy, and the people who drive the senior citizen van, all of whom accept tips.

All under the excuse of being on a "fixed income". yet she'll blow money on some stupid trinket that she loses interest with in a week.
                                Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

Working...
                                X