This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth queenbb View Post
    at my store if you apply for a sears card you get like 2$ incentive on your commission statement after you have sent in a few, but i dont know if that is per month or from the beginning, i dont get many applications and when i do most of them dont go through, out of the 8 months i have worked there i think maybe 2 of the applications i sent in actually went through.
    Are you sure about that..? We've been told that every application counts for us, even if the customer is not approved. I think the way it goes is after your 5th application, you start getting $2 commission per application. It's such a small amount, it's not even worth bothering.

And about there never being any employees around in Kmart when customers need help.. that's not because the employees are hiding, but because there's usually only 1 employee covering hardlines and 1 covering softlines. Our store is literally run on a skeleton crew all the time. My store manager comes in on his days off and works the floor sometimes. It's bad..
    My Myspace, add me!

Comment

I know the only way that the K-Mart in my hometown is holding on is by being open on every holiday. So when every grocery store and Wal-Mart is closed, you can pick up that last minute item at K-Mart!
      SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
      SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
        My local K-mart is a perfect example. When I first moved here 5 years ago, K-mart was THE place to shop. There were almost always 5 - 7 registers open to take care of the volume of business. All of a sudden (or at least it seemed like it) there were 1 or 2 registers open, nobody working there looked satisfied. I hardly ever saw the same face twice. The store went from being open 24 hours a day to 8am to 11pm and now they are 10am to 9pm. Half the lights are never turned on and they closed the garden center. My son in Arizona tells me that K-mart has closed 2 of the 3 K-marts where he lives.

You can't blame Wal-mart for everything. Poor management will cause just as many problems as good competition.

When will corporate realize that if they can't keep the employees happy, they're eventually going to lose?
        Same story with mine. K-Mart used to enjoy my business rather frequently because they had self-checkout lanes. Just grab my crap, scan it myself and swipe my card. No human interaction necessary. Then they took them out because they didn't have the self-scanners that detected unpaid items being put in the bags, making it stupidly easy to steal.

Whenever I go there, the associates are always a little "over-friendly." Like when I handed a cashier a package of cheap gold-colored rings. She closely examined them, like I had handed her precious treasure, then asked what I was going to do with them.

"..."
        "Wear them?"

Really, lady. Just scan the damn thing, let hand you my ten-spot, give me my change, receipt and merchandise, and I'll be on my way. I really am not in the mood to discuss my accessorizing methods, especially when the accessorizing is for cosplay purposes.

This is also the place where two associates openly mocked me when I was picking up a few things on the way home from tae kwon do class. I know it looks kind of weird, but there are three martial arts schools in town! It's not that weird! But it was awesome seeing one of them paralyzed in fear of my ninja retribution as she rung me up. She wouldn't speak to me or look me in the eye during the whole transaction.
        A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Quoth Tigress View Post
          Same story with mine. K-Mart used to enjoy my business rather frequently because they had self-checkout lanes. Just grab my crap, scan it myself and swipe my card. No human interaction necessary. Then they took them out because they didn't have the self-scanners that detected unpaid items being put in the bags, making it stupidly easy to steal.

Whenever I go there, the associates are always a little "over-friendly." Like when I handed a cashier a package of cheap gold-colored rings. She closely examined them, like I had handed her precious treasure, then asked what I was going to do with them.

"..."
          "Wear them?"

Really, lady. Just scan the damn thing, let hand you my ten-spot, give me my change, receipt and merchandise, and I'll be on my way. I really am not in the mood to discuss my accessorizing methods, especially when the accessorizing is for cosplay purposes.

This is also the place where two associates openly mocked me when I was picking up a few things on the way home from tae kwon do class. I know it looks kind of weird, but there are three martial arts schools in town! It's not that weird! But it was awesome seeing one of them paralyzed in fear of my ninja retribution as she rung me up. She wouldn't speak to me or look me in the eye during the whole transaction.
          Wow, I don't think our store has EVER had self-checkouts. I wish we did, however, that would require scheduling an extra body to supervise them.

I'm definately not like those people you mentioned. I never comment on a customer's purchase unless they bring it up. Sometimes, if I'm ringing up a piece of clothing and I like it, I will make a small comment that I think it's cute, but nothing more than that.. no asking the customers what they're going to do with their merchandise after they purchase it.

What exactly did the 2 associates say about you? If you were sure they were talking about you, you should have reported them to management.
          My Myspace, add me!

Comment

Quoth technical.angel View Post
            I know the only way that the K-Mart in my hometown is holding on is by being open on every holiday. So when every grocery store and Wal-Mart is closed, you can pick up that last minute item at K-Mart!
            Yep.. we were open until 10 PM on Christmas Eve, and I think we were the only store open in town. Meijer, Target, Walmart and everyone else closed at 6 PM or so.
            My Myspace, add me!

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
              That's just stupid; so you're saying you won't get credit for the apps if they aren't approved? As if you have any control over how someone's credit is! When we open instant credit apps, we have to enter our info, so whether or not they are approved on the spot, or have to go for further review, we get credit for it, but its just points on your review.
              we get credit even if they are not approved, they just said that the first few were not going to be on our commission statement. i just mentioned that i only had a few that went through, usually a last ditch effort to get a card so they can get tires or a battery on their car in an emergency.
              Quoth RammsteinGirl View Post
              Are you sure about that..? We've been told that every application counts for us, even if the customer is not approved. I think the way it goes is after your 5th application, you start getting $2 commission per application. It's such a small amount, it's not even worth bothering.

And about there never being any employees around in Kmart when customers need help.. that's not because the employees are hiding, but because there's usually only 1 employee covering hardlines and 1 covering softlines. Our store is literally run on a skeleton crew all the time. My store manager comes in on his days off and works the floor sometimes. It's bad..
              we were also on skeleton crew but because we didnt have anyone to work. the manager before fired all the guys, or they quit cause he was such an ass, he actually said if you dont like it get the f*cuk out of here. we all were in fear of loosing our jobs, and every note that was around ended in or you will be terminated
              "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Quoth queenbb View Post
                the manager before fired all the guys, or they quit cause he was such an ass, he actually said if you dont like it get the f*cuk out of here. we all were in fear of loosing our jobs, and every note that was around ended in or you will be terminated
                Sounds like the job from hell.

No one deserves that kind of atmosphere. The sooner you get your ass out of that job is that much sooner that you will be happier.

Comment

It really sucks that you got dinged in your review for not getting credit card apps and selling service plans. That's WRONG.

I guess the managers don't get that nobody who has been standing in a long line for long time because there's only 1 register open wants to wait even longer in order to fill out an application, and most people know that service plans are rarely worth the money. It's a vicious circle of stupidity.
                  "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Quoth walking with scissors View Post
                    It really sucks that you got dinged in your review for not getting credit card apps and selling service plans. That's WRONG.

I guess the managers don't get that nobody who has been standing in a long line for long time because there's only 1 register open wants to wait even longer in order to fill out an application, and most people know that service plans are rarely worth the money. It's a vicious circle of stupidity.
                    And that's exactly why I don't ask people the "required" questions most of the time. I don't want them biting my head off for asking them to apply for a Sears card after they've been waiting in line for 10 minutes.
                    My Myspace, add me!

Comment

Don't go to work for Wal-Mart. The customers that come through there are even nastier than the ones who shop at K-Mart. & the managers are a bunch of spineless sons of bitches without a frigen backbone.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                        Don't go to work for Wal-Mart. The customers that come through there are even nastier than the ones who shop at K-Mart. & the managers are a bunch of spineless sons of bitches without a frigen backbone.
                        As a former walmart monkey, I know this man speaks the truth.

Comment

The reasons K-Mart and other retail chains push the credit cards and service plans is because it means pure profit for the company with minimal effort. It's just another way to separate the customers from their money.
                          A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

I am also told that us big chains mark our laptops down below MSRP and actually LOSE money for each laptop we sell without accessories and service plans. Price wars!

Comment

Quoth theredbaron47 View Post
                              Sounds like the job from hell.

No one deserves that kind of atmosphere. The sooner you get your ass out of that job is that much sooner that you will be happier.
                              dont worry that guy is gone. we have a much better manager now. we all like him. alot of the guys that were working at that time decided to quit. one of them came back today to see if he could get his job back now that that asshole is gone.
                              "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Quoth Tigress View Post

"..."
                                "Wear them?"
                                Now I know I'm not the only one here with my mind in the gutter, but I'll bet nobody else thought, "Oh, they're c*ck rings for my schnauzer..."

I'll go crawl back under my rock now...
                                Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X