X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your little pleasures?

I'm curious what little things everyone enjoys. A few of mine are:

-When a shirt's been sitting in the laundry basket for a day (or two... what? I'm a mom and a college student!) and you pick it up and it still smells like your amazing laundry detergent.
    -When you wipe off a dry erase board and the markers don't leave "ghost" markings behind.
    -Slipper boots.
    -That moment after you finish a book series that's officially over and you have to sit for a moment and let it sink in that it's over. It's both a sense of finality and relief.
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Oh, someone started a thread like this on another board I frequent. These threads are fun. One of mine is my morning mocha. I have dessert for breakfast. I have a cappuccino maker and I use whole milk and dark Ghiradelli chocolate and natural/dutched blend cocoa in it. Sometimes I add a splash of cream or some orange extract.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

A fresh pair of socks right out of the package.
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Snuggles with Mister Kitteh when I go to bed. He tucks me in then snuggles in next to me.

A piece of really good chocolate. If it's a lovely really dark chocolate, I'll stick a small piece to the roof of my mouth and let it melt and basically breathe chocolate fumes for the next hour.

The first pee of the day (sorry if it sounds gross, but you asked).
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Clean sheets day. Yes, I hate changing the sheets on my bed, but I love the way that clean sheets feel and smell.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

A good snuggle with my cat. So cuddly.

A piece of Godiva chocolate in the evening. Just one, but I savor it. Or any kind of chocolate really.

Walking to the fancy grocery - it's a nice half-hour walk, one way - and getting a seaweed salad and a green tea and eating it in the cafe. Or a mini-macaroon. It's a pleasant way to start the day.

Comment

Taking a walk on break in the afternoon. Even when it's cold. As long as there's no ice. Just getting out of the office, away from people, breathing in fresh air (more or less) and looking at the water and the trees.

Getting an iced capp at Timmy Ho's - with a shot of espresso (makes it taste like coffee ice cream!).

Snuggling cats.

Sharing an in-joke with someone.

Listening to the birds sing, especially robins and cardinals.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Watching lil Ray play her bassoon, the first coffee of the day, MissyRed's chicken Paprikash, my puppeh wanting belly rubs, new book-comic-movie day.

Comment

- Soy chai latte.
                  - The quiet house at 5:30 AM before anyone else gets up.
                  - A spinach dip sandwich on a croissant, and chocolate milk to drink (this became my comfort food meal in college, thank you local upscale grocery store!)
                  - Freshly vacuumed carpet.

Comment

Watching a big thunderstorm roll in - the dark clouds, that calm and strange smell just before.

An ice cream, or cherry slushie, on a hot summer day.

Going for a walk through the park with my sweetie. Especially on a crisp autumn afternoon.

I know. I'm such a sap.

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
                      that calm and strange smell just before.
                      When I lived in Arizona, that smell (actually called petrichor) was something I loved about every storm- I think it was the large amount of dust in the air that made it so common. But here in Georgia we don't get it much, and even then, it's weak and fleeting. Last night, on my way home from class, it started to rain and my husband had his window cracked (it keeps the windshield from steaming up and he doesn't care if he gets a bit wet), so I spent a good ten minutes surrounded by the very strong smell of rain.

I was a very happy girl.
                      The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

lying in bed , listening to a storm
                        uninterrupted shower

Comment

Quoth Aragarthiel View Post
                          When I lived in Arizona, that smell (actually called petrichor) was something I loved about every storm- I think it was the large amount of dust in the air that made it so common.
                          There's also the scent from the creosote bush in Arizona.
                          The whole plant exhibits a characteristic odor of creosote, from which the common name derives. In the regions where it grows its smell is often associated with the "smell of rain".
                          I do remember one year when we went four straight months without rain. It was horribly hot, the air was dusty and stunk of pollution and overheated asphalt. Then a big rainstorm hit. My neighbors were standing on their porches, watching the rain and smiling happily. And afterwards, it was so pleasantly cool, the air was fresh and smelled of pine and creosote bush. It was lovely.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
                            Watching a big thunderstorm roll in - the dark clouds, that calm and strange smell just before.
                            Same here but decades ago when I still lived with my parents especially at night. when I was older I used to just sit out on the front porch and watch it rain.

Now during the Spring and Summer I get to be out in the "heart of the storm" drivin around slingin pizza, BUT if the storm happens early enough late afternoon/early evening I get to see RAINBOWS all the time.
                            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                              Same here but decades ago when I still lived with my parents especially at night. when I was older I used to just sit out on the front porch and watch it rain.
                              I still do that. I live in a metropolitan area now, but the house has a porch and I love to sit outside and just watch it rain. We don't get the spectacular weather very often that I saw when I lived in Iowa, though. More's the pity.

Comment

Working...
                              X