This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***6:06 PM is NOT closing time!!***

Again....another dumb customer.... another day.....

So ANYWAYS I close at 6oclock PM no excuse... i mean.. does the grocery store stay open 30 mins extra just because you cant get there on time??? NO!!! ITS NOT ON YOUR SWEET TIME GIRLFRIEND!!!!

OK to the point... i turn off my open sign and lights at 5:55 so all of my WONDERFUL SC's get the point that IM closing. other then the fact that there is a sign that states, in pure english, that the stores OPENS AT 10 and CLOSES AT 6. so i dont get why people come in at 6:10 and bang on the door when they KNOW its closed.

i know this is a normal complaint.... there is only ONE question....

WHY?!?!!!
    It not your personality....

Its your face.

Because SCs don't read.
    Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
      Because SCs don't read.
      ...or listen to anything you tell them.
      "It's not easy being evil in a world that's gone to Hell" ~ Anton LaVey

Comment

I close at the exact posted time. If a customer arrives before closing time-even one minute before, I will (at least) start their return. Mind you, not before I turn off the 'Open' sign.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth mae View Post
          Just be thankful you don't have to do the 10 minute rule like we do.

Basically, if a customer is waiting outside 10 minutes before opening or 10 minutes after closing... you have to let them in.
          Wow, that's BS, especially the after closing part. Someone in corporate thought that one up. You know, the guy that gets to leave at 5 on the dot every day, because there aren't any customers waiting on him. I hate that guy. And everyone like him. Jerks.
          Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Assholes did that at the hobbyshop all the time. If they wanted to buy something expensive, we might make an exception. However, most of the time the ppl who came to the door after closing were mini vans full of families that just wanted a place to hang out. They weren't going to buy anything, well, nothing worth the cost of staying open anyway.
            Check out my cosplay social group!
            http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

And this is why I love this sign.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/matthew...n/photostream/

Comment

Basically this is why:

-they can't read signs.
                -they "need 1 item"
                -they assume we don't have lives.
                -they know we don't have lives.
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
                  Wow, that's BS, especially the after closing part. Someone in corporate thought that one up. You know, the guy that gets to leave at 5 on the dot every day, because there aren't any customers waiting on him. I hate that guy. And everyone like him. Jerks.
                  Gotta get that "last big sale" and all that.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Titi View Post
                    And this is why I love this sign.
                    Love the sign!

We used to have people do the same thing at the home improvements store. Wether they got in or not depended on which manager was in. The one would let them in, which we all hated him for. But if it was either of the other two managers, they were SOL.

One time when it was one of the managers who would not let them in after closing, they apparently thought they could make him reconsider by threatening to "kick his ass." Instead, he just laughed at them and walked away.
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth DevilBoy View Post
                      ...or listen to anything you tell them.
                      ..or think that the rules don't apply to them.
                      Last edited by Tito; 09-19-2008, 11:38 PM. Reason: 'Cause I can't type.
                      "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                      ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

I remember this one guy who came after close.

Now we all know SCs who like the shake the doors. I usually don't respond to that because I figure after finding the doors locked they will check the sign and realize we are closed.

This guy did just that...then had the nerve to call our store number to try to get my attention!

I really really REALLY wish I could've flipped him off instead of answering the phone, but I just picked it up, said "sorry man we're closed" and hung up. Thankfully the SC left.
                        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
                          I actually never thought of corporate guys like that, despite the fact that I have to follow that bullshit rule.

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
                            I hate the ones that give gift cards to SC's who complained we would not open 15 minutes early.

Comment

Ten minutes late is late enough

That's the new public consumer for ya...always pushing boundaries.
                              Last edited by Broomjockey; 09-20-2008, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X