Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ike 'victims' like to beg other Ike 'victims'?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Chromatix View Post
    This may seem strange, but I'm one of those people who likes to know how much it's going to cost *before* I hand over my payment. It seems to me that plenty of other people are not so careful with their money.
    When I do my big, bi-weekly grocery run, I keep a running total on the side of the shopping list because we have a tight food budget. So I already have a good idea of the total amount before the cashier tells me. So I swipe my credit card mid-transaction, and just make sure to pay attention when certain items I'm iffy about prices on are rung up, so they ring up correctly (the newer pinpads shows the last four items or so scanned, including the price per pound for produce). Haven't had a problem.

Thank you, nomorecarts. I'd forgotten about the persistent *CSM code. So that makes three that hide the handy *CRD or *DBT codes. But most customers have been nice enough to tell me they swiped their cards once I tell them their totals in that case.

And I have had those customers who interrupted me with the "It says you have to do something!" right after they swipe a card mid-scanning. ::shakes fist at them::
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
    X