This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    And I hate being called by name by people I don't know.
    So do I, sometimes, so I have an alternate nametag that says Vanessa.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
      So do I, sometimes, so I have an alternate nametag that says Vanessa.
      That's a pretty adventurous move, Stephen!

I keed, I'm keeding, I'm...sorry...
      "Love keeps her in the air when she ought fall down, let's you know she's hurting 'fore she keens...makes her a home."

Comment

Quoth Blade_Raver View Post
        "Brainwashed you say? Sir, I took the red pill. You're the clueless one!"
        Admit it, if you had known the truth you would have taken the blue pill.
        Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          And I hate being called by name by people I don't know.
          I do as well - it smacks of some big corporation's way of pretending to be your friend, all the way bending you over the nearest counter and having their way with both you and your finances. I'm fine with "sir" or "Mr SoandSo" - not because I'm snobby or stuck-up but because it keeps things on a professional, business-related level. If I become a regular somewhere, then that's a bit different but otherwise the standard greetings are fine with me.

And to those folks who do NOT want to be called "sir" or "ma'am": getting angry or upset about a practice that's common everywhere at any business makes no sense. Wear a nametag or preface any conversation with "I prefer to be called X."
          Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

When I worked at that craft/fabric store, I often looked at people's names on the checks or credit cards to call them by name. Of course, thanks to my upbringing it was always, "here's your card, Ms. SoandSo," never: "have a nice day, Laura." *shudder* My grandmother would have risen from her grave to smack me, if I'd been that forward.

It was also kind of game, 'can I pronounce this name?' My favorite was the Slavic one with one vowel, if you count the 'y'.
            I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Quoth counterjockey View Post
              That's a pretty adventurous move, Stephen!

I keed, I'm keeding, I'm...sorry...
              I don't think I've ever been Stephen, but one day I DID wear Antonio's, Esau's and Clinton's nametags at different times during that day.

Don't be sorry. I giggled.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
              X