This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of those damned heelies ....

I coming down with a cold that is accompanied by a major headache ... bah!

This large family came in a little bit ago, three girls and two parents. I did the normal spiel and asked them if they needed anything ... father replies that they are looking for a microphone boom stand. I did a quick search around the music department with no luck, boom stands, let along ones for mics, is something that rarely - if ever, come in.

I say, "well, maybe in the *insert well known musical instrument manufacturer here* area" (we are an authorized dealer of *well known musical instrument manufacturer*). The husband, obviously been here before, leads everyone to the back (where all the instruments and such are kept - separate from our regular old music area).

Just as we're getting back there, middle daughter shifts her weight to her heelies, thus lazily cruising along on her wheels. It was only for a mere moment, but if she did it again, I reminded myself to say something.

And so she did. I only said, "no heelies in the store, hon," very quick, not demanding or anything like that. She complied and apologized. No biggie, she's not the SC here.

It was her parents.

Her father, threw his hands up in the air (as if waving the white flag or somethin ....) and the family halts, almost causing me to run into him. At first thought, I figured the *well known musical instruments* may have been too pricey for him. We have amps, heads, speakers, guitars, etc. ranging in the hundreds (for each piece). I wouldn't have want their widdle pwecious to run into something expensive .... And even though she probably had control of her wheeled shoes, that doesn't exempt her from not being able to use them in the store.

The parents tromp their children out of the store. We didn't have any boom mic stands anyway. They leave the store, loudly cursing (yes, using actual curse words) and throwing a fuss ... I then realize it was because I had asked his daughter to not use her heelies in the store. They then proclaim that they're going to our *competitor* down the street.... which is very, VERY likely that they wouldn't have what they're looking for either. I was going to point the family to next door - which is a music store and also sells second hand items ... but since the dad (and mom) threw such a fit, I wasn't able to let them know ... nor did I want to...
    This area is left blank for a reason.

I hate those stupid heelies with a passion. I have almost been ran over so many times I have lost count. Anytime I see someone riding them that thought pops in my head...Man I wish I had something to throw in front of them

Comment

Quoth roguesqd View Post
      Anytime I see someone riding them that thought pops in my head...Man I wish I had something to throw in front of them
      All you need is one leg and one foot attached to said leg and you're golden.

Comment

Well, didn't you know that the rules don't apply to them? Just everyone else.
        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I'd love to see one of those signs in our store, those heelies worry me .

All it takes is two kids horsein around on them and someone's going to crack there head open.

Sorry, I don't think my brain is functioning enough to put that more eloquently.

By that I mean they'll fall back on to our floor head first, which is very hard and far too many things scattered about for someone to get there fast enough to stop that happening ( or even see it happening).
          Please excuse me , I need to wander round the corner to scream now, before my head explodes.

Comment

We put sign signs up in all our stores after a "serious incident" took place somewhere. I have have had several close calls, both as a employee and as a customer in other stores. It is much more fun as a customer because you can act really pissed off and not have a manger mad at you.

Comment

When I was a kid Heelies didn't exist. So how is it that they're the vehicle of choice for the under 18 set? Whatever happened to riding a bicycle?

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                When I was a kid Heelies didn't exist. So how is it that they're the vehicle of choice for the under 18 set? Whatever happened to riding a bicycle?
                That involves... excercise...

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                  But you can't bring a bike into the store and be all subtly obnoxious...
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Whatever happened to roller rinks?

Whoever invented those damn heelies deserves to be ran over by a rabid pack of children wearing them.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

The evil in me just wants to shove those brats over. I hatehatehatehate those things.

One brat almost ran over my daughter when she was tiny and first walking. (We were walking in the mall, she was holding my hand) Stupid brat did not even apologize for nearly running her over and was very snotty about it. I never cuessed anyone out so badly as I did that kid, then I turned on his mother when she came to defend her pwecous'.

This Mama bear was livid.

Comment

Ah the skating rink. Many a weekend I spend there as a kid.

Which reminds me, I need to get my rollerblades out of the closet. I spent too much money on those to let them sit around and gather dust.
                        If today is an indication of the rest of the week, I'm going to need to start drinking. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

We sell those shoes at our store, and one thing Ive learned is that a> most of our store is carpeted so no smooth terrain for these things and b> rough concrete doesn't allow them to really be used either. I mean I understand why kids want them, but I swear they should be required to wear helmets when using them, I kinda worry when I'm selling a pair of size 13's which are usually very young children.

on a side note: roller skates> roller blades for someone thats balance challenged like myself.
                          Girls do not exist on the intarweb.

Comment

Haw DARE you do the job that the parents are supposed to do?!!! Are you implying a lack of parenting skills? lol!!

And as has been stated here before, if the kid got hurt, you know damn well the "parents" would sue before the kid stopped bleeding.
                            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Those shoes are evil...at my facility if we're watching your kids they are not allowed to have the wheels in the shoes. Way too many near accidents for us to risk it.

Comment

Working...
                              X