X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay! It's nearly Christmas!

Couple quick things from work

IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS!
    Manager S: Unflappable in the face of Crazies manager!
    CL: Seemingly either on drugs or some sort of mental issues person. Boyfriend wasn't much better but didn't directly interact with us so...

This pair walks in the guy in ICP gear and the woman marches up to our counter with him in tow, stares at us for a minute after the standard "Hi welcome to GameStore, anything we can assist you with today?"

CL: "IT'S NEARLY CHRISTMAS! YOU SHOULD GIVE ME A PRESENT! YOU SHOULD GIVE ME A FREE GAME! I WANT A FREE GAME! GIVE ME A FREE PRESENT! IT'S NEARLY CHRISTMAS! I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY, YOU SHOULD GIVE ME A FREE GAME!"
    Manager S. "I'm Jewish. Don't celebrate Christmas"
    CL: "oh..." she promptly calms the heck down, drops volume by about 85% and then she and her boyfriend go play on our PS3 demo unit. I think all is well but then, 5 minutes later.

CL: "What time is it?"
    Me: "Six minutes to 9."
    CL: *stares blankly."
    Me: "....?"
    CL: "Nine... o clock?"
    Me: "Yes...?"
    CL: "Oh. We have a movie at 9:40." *wanders away again*
    8 minutes later.
    Manager S: "Just after nine."
    CL: "How many after 9?"
    Manager S: "Two...?"
    CL: "So that makes it...?"
    Manager S: "....9:02?"
    CL: "Oh. 9:02?"
    Manager S: "Yes."
    CL: "oooh. We have a movie at 9:40."

rinse and repeat for the next 25 minutes. To their credit, they didn't interrupt any time we had a customer, but... the store was kinda dead at that point so...

A problem with the store next door
    Tea cups. TEA CUPS. There's a tea shop right next door. They're fantastic, and sell adorable tea pots and sets. Unfortunately they also give out free tea samples in these little plastic cups on the street, and these cups end up EVERYWHERE. I usually try to snag empty ones from people when they come in, but sometimes there's just too many and you find half drunken and empty plastic cups all over the store. I mean I've found some on our top shelves, so it cannot just be kids doing this!

Wii U
    On the subject of the Wii U, various responses I've had to repeat many many times.
    Yes it has better graphics.
    Yes! it has hardcore games! 0_0 much to your shock and awe!
    No. You cannot turn your wii into a wii u.
    Please don't punch our display because you're stuck on the NES and can't bear the thought of another nintendo system.
    Yes, there will be fewer and fewer wii games now.
    no. you cannot play wii u games on your wii.

Welcome to the NEW exciting world of video games.

This conversation actually went on for some time, so I'm going to shorten it here for sanity's sake.

Me:
    SC:

SC: "So... why are all these Xboxes different prices?"
    Me: "Well, they have different sizes of hard-drive."
    SC: "....? Hard-drive? I haven't played video games since the ps2. I had to give em up when I got married."
    Me: "Well, a hard-drive is a bit like the ps2 memory cards, only more games install onto them and you can download expansions and games on them."
    SC: "But why would you need them?"
    Me: "....." *didn't I just tell you...?* "...er... to save your games. Also in case you wanted to download something."
    SC: "Oh. Well then 4GB should be enough, correct?"
    Me: "If... you wanted to keep deleting things, sure. Most game files end up taking up a lot of room. Halo 4 for instance ends up taking almost 1GB of space with all of the extra goodies most people end up with."
    SC: "But why do I need it?"
    Me: "......?! To save your games."
    Last edited by Opalin; 12-12-2012, 07:07 AM. Reason: forgot to put in titles
    Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
    Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
    -Unknown Author

I don't understand how a person in 2012 wouldn't know what a hard-drive is, unless they're from a country or region where computers aren't everywhere.
    There is no problem we cannot ignore, confront, plot against, drown in chocolate sauce, or run over with the car- Christopher Elliot

Comment

Quoth Mr. Anubite View Post
      unless they're from a country or region where computers aren't everywhere.
      Where might that be, anymore? Oh yeah, between an SC's ears.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

They don't have money to buy a videogame, but they do for a movie?
        The angels have the phone box.

Comment

Quoth starsinthesky View Post
          They don't have money to buy a videogame, but they do for a movie?
          The CL did not say they werebuying tickets...

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
            Either that, or they spent all their cash on the tickets. Advance tix for the Hobbit cost me thirty smackers for three of us. Worth it, though, I'm pretty sure.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
              You wouldn't believe the amount of customers I get complaing on the price of items and they don't have a lot of money, can we hold price (which we can't). Looking at their order history, they just went on a spending spree. If you have balls to go and ask for a free game like that, then odds are you have the money.
              The angels have the phone box.

Comment

I haven't bought a game console since the N64 and even *I* could tell you that the Xbox has several different kinds of hardrives. It's all what level of gaming someone wants to do.
                Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

I actually sympathize with the hard drive guy. I haven't bought or played games since my PS2 and I've never owned an XBox or Wii. So I'd have looked at you and said, "Expansion packs?"

I understand what a hard drive is, I just don't know what it has to do with a gaming system. Sounds like an updated memory card to keep up with current technology.
                  A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

[QUOTE=Opalin;1103770]Couple quick things from work

Tea cups. TEA CUPS. There's a tea shop right next door. They're fantastic, and sell adorable tea pots and sets. Unfortunately they also give out free tea samples in these little plastic cups on the street, and these cups end up EVERYWHERE. I usually try to snag empty ones from people when they come in, but sometimes there's just too many and you find half drunken and empty plastic cups all over the store. I mean I've found some on our top shelves, so it cannot just be kids doing this!

Sorry, this just made me Did you give the cup a breathilyzer test to see if it was over the legal limit?

Comment

As a person who works at a tea shop that sounds suspiciously like the aforementioned one, let me apologize for the little cups and state my frustration at finding them in inappropriate places. Like our compost bin.
                      Go for the eyes!

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                        I actually sympathize with the hard drive guy. I haven't bought or played games since my PS2 and I've never owned an XBox or Wii. So I'd have looked at you and said, "Expansion packs?"

I understand what a hard drive is, I just don't know what it has to do with a gaming system. Sounds like an updated memory card to keep up with current technology.
                        Many of the larger games (skyrim, Halo 4 etc) now install to the actual system itself, much like a computer to cut down on loading times, and additions to the game also install onto said system, with the hard-drive being used to store the information. All of the current gen systems use this in some capacity.

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                        Sorry, this just made me Did you give the cup a breathalyzer test to see if it was over the legal limit?
                        Nah, none of em could roll straight, they sloshed when they moved, and you know when they're climbing the walls they're on something.

Quoth ackmeow View Post
                        As a person who works at a tea shop that sounds suspiciously like the aforementioned one, let me apologize for the little cups and state my frustration at finding them in inappropriate places. Like our compost bin.
                        If the name of your store is akin to a state that can be theoretically reached by serious meditation and it's located at a shopping center that's a misspelled color, I'd be happy to meet up and have dessert at what was referred to as "That Creepy Place" by my very tired manager.
                        Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
                        Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
                        -Unknown Author

Comment

I doubt I work at that actual store. My work is a chain, and considering that the mall you described doesn't match mine, I doubt we could meet up. Would be cool though. Sorry.
                          Go for the eyes!

Comment

Quoth Opalin View Post
                            Couple quick things from work

*snip*

*snip*[/B]
                            Um ... oh dear ...

Quoth ackmeow View Post
                            Ditto. For what it's worth, we find them all over the place too, although considering we're the ones handing them out ...

Comment

Quoth Opalin View Post
                              Me: "Six minutes to 9."
                              CL: *stares blankly."
                              Me: "....?"
                              CL: "Nine... o clock?"
                              Me: "Yes...?"
                              CL: "Oh. We have a movie at 9:40." *wanders away again*
                              8 minutes later.
                              Manager S: "Just after nine."
                              CL: "How many after 9?"
                              Manager S: "Two...?"
                              CL: "So that makes it...?"
                              Manager S: "....9:02?"
                              CL: "Oh. 9:02?"
                              Manager S: "Yes."
                              CL: "oooh. We have a movie at 9:40."

rinse and repeat for the next 25 minutes. To their credit, they didn't interrupt any time we had a customer, but... the store was kinda dead at that point so...
                              In a situation like that, after the third enquiry, I'd give them the same time over and over again. If questioned on it, my response would be "Damn! My watch stopped" (i.e. blame an inanimate object). On the other hand, if they displayed typical SC intelligence, I wonder how much past 9:40 it would be before they realized there was a problem.
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X