No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since I was hired on at Large Grocery Chain I haven't bothered to check my "job" email address for a few weeks.

Just found out I had been invited for an interview at Fairly Large Office Supply Chain in early June.

Oops.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• I hate when that happens!
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Yeah, now I'll spend a few weeks wondering if I might have gotten the job if I'd gone.

Oh well. There's always the option of re-applying at some point in the future ... far enough in the future that hopefully they'll have forgotten my name and that I was a no-show.
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• I was looking up some detail on The Terror and noticed a fanfiction site and I guess I should have expected it but The Terror fanfic is 100% gay sex. Not sure how I feel about that but whatever floats people's boats I guess.

They all end up dead incidentally.
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
            *snip*

They all end up dead incidentally.
            Reminds me of an Elizabethan-era play I watched on television one time (for some reason I think it was The Duchess of Malfi). Towards the end it was as if the author decided he had way too many characters left and couldn't figure out what else to do with them other than kill them all off: woman kisses poisoned cross on Bible and dies, children murdered, somebody pushed down the stairs (IIRC) and so on and so on ...

Author: "Okay, NOW we've got a respectable number of characters left ..."
            *signs 'YE ENDE' with a flourish and goes off to the pub*
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• They ended Blake's 7 by killing off everyone.
              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
              Save the Ales!
              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• To be fair, The Terror was based on the real-life Franklin Expedition, and all evidence points to every member of the expedition acually dying.

Comment

• Well, dammit ... sis just sent an email to brother and I ... the new owners of Mom's house found some stuff that got left behind in my mad dash out of it, and it's paperwork and photos that I would've liked to have kept ...

Oh well. Such is life. At least it didn't end up in the trash.
                  ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Anybody else ever noticed that the uniform worn by James Arness in 'The Thing' looks exactly like the uniforms in "ST:Wrath of Khan'?

Comment

• A guy got dhot in the face today at the liquor store a block from my kids' school.

Hahaha fuck this city.

Fuck this whole state actually, what state has 10% sales tax inucluding on groceries and is still #50 of 50 in education? This one.

Comment

• Oh hey, a guy was randomly shot while eating dinner in his car, on the same street where I park when I take my 4-year-old to the children's museum.

Seriously. Fuck this place.

Comment

• I just realized Timbits are the Tim Horton's equivalent of donut holes.
                          Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

• HVAC Guy arrives.

Me: "Hi! Thanks for coming."

My Computer: "...they believe he dismembered the victims and scattered the body parts to avoid identification."

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                              HVAC Guy arrives.

Me: "Hi! Thanks for coming."

My Computer: "...they believe he dismembered the victims and scattered the body parts to avoid identification."

HVAC Guy departs at lightspeed ...

---------------------------------------------------------

We are having a few fundraisers at my new workplace to help out a coworker who is suffering from a rare form of cancer. Her treatment (not sure whether it's in Canada or elsewhere) is experimental, so OHIP is not covering it (spoiler alert: while Canadian health-care is pretty good, it's far from perfect).

One fundraiser, today and tomorrow, is a BBQ. I had a hotdog, which was very good (I very rarely eat them, so when I do, it's something of a treat ) and a bag of chips ... but I also picked out a Fresca to go with it. I rarely drink pop, so that too is a treat.

Except this time.

I didn't notice the 'sugar-free' above the name, and of course that means it's sweetened with aspartame. Which IMO tastes like CRAP.

Note to self: NEXT TIME READ THE DAMN CAN.
                              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• I know this is standard retail/customer service lingo, but when I'm calling CAA (Canadian version of AAA) to get a battery boost or tow because my car battery is DEAD, DEAD, DEAD ... having the CAA employee end the call with a cheery "Have a good day!" is just kinda ... surreal.
                                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                                X